Friday, June 29, 2012

China Glaze Flirty Tankini

Well, July is right around the corner so I figured it was high time for me to bust out some neons.  I picked up a few new ones at Ulta with a 20% off coupon, plus a $3.50 off coupon, plus a buy 2 get 1 deal.  



I read a decent amount about this polish before I decided to buy it.  It's always described as coral.  Here's the thing:  it doesn't always look like it does in the photos.  Sometimes (in the sun) it looks hot pink.  When I first started putting it on I was sitting on my balcony in the sunshine and I immediately thought to myself "NOT CORAL, CHINA GLAZE."  I guess it's a sometimes-coral?  Does anyone else who has this polish agree with me on this?  I'm starting to feel like I can't identify colors correctly.  

Also I read that the formula was mostly good.  For a neon, okay, the formula is good.  Let's put it that way.  For a normal polish?  Not so much.  My Flirty Tankini was really thick, and I was almost worried the polish wouldn't dry.  A self-leveling quick dry topcoat seemed to help out with the application problems, but I'd recommend going slowly, making sure you don't have too much polish on your brush, and doing thin coats.  Here I did two medium coats and I gave the polish ample dry time.  The polish also gets thicker the longer you have the bottle open, so be aware of that.

Other than these little grievances, I will say that I do love the color.  It's very summer.  And I'm feeling very summer lately.  See?


Good lord, I need a tripod.  Or else I'll have to keep using my jank full-length mirror for shots like this.  And yes, I do wander around wearing headphones like this all day.  How else am I supposed to listen to America's Greatest Hits album on loop for hours?

I got that chevron top up there from Old Navy for $3.50 or something like that.  It's a size large and is therefore quite a bit too big for me, but tying it at the waist semi-fixes the problem.  It also does that great falling-off-the-shoulder casually thing that I'm fond of.  I know that it'll become one of my summer staples because it's versatile.  I am also planning on making it part of my FOURTH OF JUL-OUTFIT, a term coined by my friend Amber two summers ago.  

Fourth of Jul-Outfit:  noun; the clothing combination one dons on the Fourth of July, an American holiday where we all wear red, white, and blue, drink too much, and risk taking off our limbs with sticks of fire.  There are also hotdogs and marshmallows.

The skirt is H&M (old, and another staple), and my LOBSTER FLIP-FLOPS are L.L.Bean.  You're jealous of them, aren't you?  What a summery outfit.  Clearly I am feelin' this season.

Okay, that's it for today.  As for Flirty Tankini, what would happen if you used it in a manicure with Essie Bikini So Teeny?  What the universe just implode due to adorable rhymes?  Something to ponder.

11 comments:

  1. I also am just going to put on my new neons for the first time this weekend! I had to wear some older summer favs first like OPI Flashbulb Fuchsia. I realized this winter I really DO have too many polishes. I need to start a purge of at least my dupes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh soo cute! love the color of this :) xx

    skinnyfoxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! That happens with a lot of nailpolishes, I feel. Especially the slightly shimmery ones. Still so pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should be holding your lobster mug to go with your lobster flip flops! Are you short on furniture or is it all packed for the big move?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're 100% right about the lobster mug.

      Actually that room is an extra bedroom that never had any furniture in it to begin with. I just started throwing things away and consolidating for the move, and I'm sure I'll complain about it more as it gets closer ;)

      Delete
  5. the color is very summery!! very pretty!!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute and awesome colour.The post is so nice and fantastic.I love your effort and work for specially this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I took that polish off, my nails were stained BRIGHT pink. That was not expected.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for posting this, I was wishing for this color, but now I need to see it in person to understand if I really need it.

    I like your style, and lobster shoes are so totally summery! You are my kind of shopper too, I love a good deal as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!