Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Coral Fixation: e.l.f. Flirty Fuchsia

I actually wore this polish last week until it chipped.  And then...listen to THIS...I took it off and immediately put it back on again.  That never happens!  But you all know about my love of coral polish, and although this one is called "Flirty Fuchsia"...well, look at it.





This is in fact a very soft, pink-leaning, coral jelly.  Guys, it's a jelly.  I got this in a four-pack of e.l.f. polishes from Target several months ago, and the entire package was only $5.  I did two coats here, and although there's some nail line visible it doesn't bother me.  In real life this does look a little pinker, but I still maintain that the "fuchsia" monicker is inaccurate.  It's coral.  And it might be my perfect coral.  The fact that it's a jelly made me totally fall in love with it.

And in thrifting news, this is my new favorite article of clothing.



I got this skirt at my local Avalon Exchange for under $10, and when I removed a still-attached dry cleaning tag, I discovered that it is J. Crew (circa 2006).  I'm wearing it as a high-waisted skirt here, but it's actually supposed to sit at the hips.  Sadly (or maybe not!) for me, this is a size 4, and I am not.  But my waist is about a size 2/4, so it works nicely if it sits at my natural waist.  Anyway, I'm sure you all know about my penchant for whimsical prints, and this definitely fits the bill.  It also looks pretty great with a cropped blazer, so I'm going to get a lot of wear out of this in the future.

That's all for today.  Has anyone else found these e.l.f. polishes at Target?  Any other perfect coral polishes to recommend?

10 comments:

  1. Love the polish, love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh I like that polish, I didn't even know E.L.F had nail polish. I'll definitely be on the look out for it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt is AMAZING. Jealous of your good thrifting juju -- I am allergic to everything not-cotton and am an impossible size, so that's usually out of the question for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This skirt is actually 100% cotton, so that's another reason it was a great buy. I stalk Avalon all the time (it's right at the corner of my street) so sometimes I have really good luck. But often I don't.

      Delete
  4. How do you paint your nails so perfectly??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practice, I guess. In the photographs you see I haven't done any sort of clean-up or anything. A steady hand and a good formula are important.

      Delete
  5. Yes that skirt screams "you"! I don't think I own any coral polish-I may need to remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Right?! I wore it twice last week ;)

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!