Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mint Sorbet

It seems that lately I'm addicted to pastels and brights, and I guess that's what's supposed to happen in the summertime, right?  After my love affair with e.l.f. Flirty Fuchsia ended (read:  after I removed the polish for the second time), I wasn't quite sure what to wear next.  Then I remembered that last week I had been craving a mint green, but I was at my friend's apartment and didn't have one around.  So today I found this polish from last year that I had never worn and that was languishing all alone-y on its own-y in my Helmer.




As mint greens go, this is a nice one.  I remember in 2009 when mints first became a thing, and I got Essie Mint Candy Apple and was so disappointed in it.  It was too blue and too chalky and too streaky. This polish is none of these things.  The formula is flawless, and even though the brush that came with it was wonky and stupid, I was still able to apply it fine in two coats.  Really, it's a pretty great polish for $1.99.  There's not that much to say about it; it's minty.

One of my favorite color combinations is mint and red (or turquoise and red), so I added a red belt to the little black dress I'm wearing today.


All in all, a success (with very minimal lobster hands).  

Ugh, guys, I have JURY DUTY tomorrow.  Sad.  Face.  Other than that, I've been filling my time working on this show:



It's going up at the Cleveland Museum of Art on July 1, so if you're in the area come check it out.  It's going to be beautiful.  I can't wait.

8 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such as nice mint! It's a shame about Mint Candy Apple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EWWWWW Jury duty??? That's like the worst punishment there is. Just tell them you think they did it and get off it! HAHA! I actually bought Essie mint apple and promptly sold it to someone else! This one is nice however! Lovely with the red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It perfectly matches your outfit. So nice!
    A new nail blogger and your newest follower here! :) Hoping you could drop by my blog.
    http://luckylovenails.blogspot.com/

    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll certainly check out your blog. Thanks for stopping at mine :)

      Delete
  5. I get a "craving" for certain colors too! And most of the time, I gotta have it!! Revlon has a color called "Minted" which looks similar. I think its part of their regular line so of course, it will cost more than 2 bucks. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!