Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sephora by OPI Yellow My Name Is Betsey

Yellow and I don't play well together, let me start off by saying that.  I usually can't find a yellow that does anything for my skin tone, first of all, and then there's the terrible formula issue that is inherent with yellow pigment.  The only yellow I have ever loved on is Revlon Electric (supposedly a dupe for Chanel Mimosa).  But I gave Yellow My Name is Betsey a go.



The formula was as bad as I expected; thick and streaky.  On some nails I did two coats, on some three.  Clearly I needed three on all of them, but I didn't notice until after I'd put topcoat on already.



My decision to wear this one hinged on my outfit choice for today, a red and coral dress with all-over flamingo print.  It's a fun dress, very swingy and twirly.  

So, yellow.  Hit or miss with you guys, generally?  Any recommendations for other yellows aside from my beloved Revlon Electric?

11 comments:

  1. I love yellow! It probably doesn't look the greatest with my skintone either but I don't care because it's such a fun color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellows and I usually don't get along too well, but I keep buying them, ever hopeful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only own 4 yellows, I just blogged about them yesterday LOL! In general, if they are brights they look good on me, but pale ones? Noway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought OPI The "It" Color, and I still have to make up my mind about it: the idea of yellows is fun, funky and a really good match to the funky prints in coral, yellow, mint and blues in my wardrobe right now... And I love the effect with black and white! But I needed 3 coats and the result is still a bit streaky, and in certain light it just seems like an odd colour on my nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Generally I really can't do mustard colors on me. If something pulls too mustard it looks absolutely horrible. The only one I've been able to keep in my stash is Sally Hansen Forsythia. Even though it does look horrible on me, I haven't been able to get rid of it.

      Delete
  5. That dress!! =D Looove it!

    I love yellow nails too. I like putting Revlon Pineapple Fizz over a normal yellow like the one you're wearing. Hides the streaks and adds sparkles and a pineapple scent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those Revlon Fizz polishes! I have Colada Fizz and it's to die for.

      Delete
  6. I am loving bright yellow and orange polish right now. I have Bettina Orange and Yellow-yes those are their names and they rock! The formula is ok-but I think all light colored polish has issues. Got to love the flamingos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yellow is such a bold color!!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yellow is bold and totally different colour.But looking here so nice and fantastic.Gorgeous post..

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks cute! Thought I guess Revlon Electric looks better on you, idk.

    That dress print... I'm a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!