Monday, June 25, 2012

Wet n Wild 2% Milk and Little Surprises

I feel like this polish probably won't interest most of you guys, but I'm posting it anyway because milky sheers are an obsession of mine right now.  It actually took me a while to find this one.  I had been looking at every Walgreens I went into with no luck, and then yesterday I spotted it.




This is 2% Milk, a beige sheer jelly.  I really love how this makes my nails look.  The formula is absolutely fantastic for a sheer like this, with no streaking in sight.  I used two coats, but I think the color will build up to a bit more opacity with three.  2% Milk also has a sister, Wet n Wild Sugar Coat, that is equally as amazing if you're into this sort of look.


I had another really nice weekend.  It was my mom's birthday on Saturday so I got in some family time and had an amazing dinner.  On Sunday my boyfriend, Ben, had to wake up early to go to work.  Early enough that he told me I couldn't keep my eyes open when he tried to say goodbye to me.  I slept the lazy sleep of a Sunday morning, and when I finally woke up and stumbled my way to the kitchen I saw a bag strategically placed in my living room between the couch and the fireplace.



I wasn't wearing my glasses, and when I put them on and looked more closely I saw this.


Also this.


And this was inside the bag.


I had tried this dress on several weeks ago and fallen in love with it.  It's two different shades of green, there is a sash, there is also tulle under the skirt, and it has prehistoric-looking fish on it.  But, rarely is my love worth a full-price Anthro impulse buy, so we had left it at the store.  


I got to make this terrible joke after finding the gift, which was almost a gift in itself.



This gift combined with the flowers he brought me at the end of last week and the sunset we watched together at the lake on Sunday night is almost romance overload.  Hey, I said almost--in reality, I'm relishing it.  This man makes me feel special every day, and I'm wondering what I've done to deserve to be with this amazing person.  Maybe it's karma or fate or something equally as untenable; whatever it is, I'm thankful for it.

Anyway, happy summer.  Rest assured that I'll be drinking in the long days with 2% Milk all over my hands.


(P.S.  That Jason Wu for Target dress you see up there ^ was scored for $11.98 on clearance this weekend; yessssss)

14 comments:

  1. Wow you are one lucky chic! Tell yourself you deserve it and relish him as he does you! I can't say I am loving the sheerness but am loving the fish dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new fish dress! Adorable note also. He is a keeper! 2% milk is one of my current favs also. I love making glitter sandwiches with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's THE keeper.

      I was looking for 2% Milk originally in order to make jelly sandwiches too, but I had to try it on its own first. Sugar Coat is great for sammies, so I hope 2% Milk will be too.

      Delete
  3. Lucky you! I actually love 2% Milk, so much so that it was my polish of choice for my college reunion last month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a gorgeous sheer. Happy birthday to your mum :) and love the note your boyfriend left you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anthro should just send you dresses to review at this point! ;) Lovely dress, lovely polish, lovely BF. BTW, do you happen to know the difference between 2% Milk and Sugar Coat? Is Sugar Coat another milky buildable sheer, or a more opaque polish from the get-go? I'll have to keep an eye out for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Anthro SHOULD do that. I totally agree.

      Sugar Coat is the exact same formula and opacity as 2% Milk, it's just pink instead of beige. It's also really beautiful, so if you're looking for a nice sheer either or these would do nicely. Plus they're $1.99, which is the best part.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'll be looking for those polishes. :)

      Delete
  6. ive been dying to find this polish too. and your post is too cute. its always nice when we find the person who appreciates us, isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very romantic, Ben is lovely, please cherish him. In your first photo, one can see windows reflected in your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post. Good polish find, cute dress, awesome boyfriend. Wins all around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that ben is definitely a keeper. super sweet. and that polish is pretty cool, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he likes reading these comments and KNOWING that people are telling me he's a keeper.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!