Friday, July 27, 2012

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri In A Flurry

I'm just going to go ahead and say right off the bat that Sally Hansen Insta-Dri In A Flurry is everything I wanted China Glaze Smoke and Ashes to be.  And it so wasn't.  You may remember my disappointment.  Months later, finding this polish was drug store catharsis at its finest.  







No glittery black in my collection can compete with the gloriousness that is In A Flurry.  I mean, LOOK AT IT:


If you were living inside a snow globe at nighttime, it would look like this.  I said "black" up there, but I have my suspicions that this is actually a dark green jelly.  But I'm not sure.  It looks a bit green in some of those images, but that may be the gold/green glitter talking, like with China Glaze Wagon Trail.  What's not to love about this?  I'll tell you what:  the stupid Insta-Dri brush that I just can't get behind.  It's like a canoe paddle.  But I persevered, and I'm glad I did.  Three coats later (yes, unfortunately, three) I had this lovely flakey glitter galaxy on my hands.  

Every once in a while the Insta-Dri line comes out with a real gem.  Go buy this if you can find it.  You won't regret it.

17 comments:

  1. I need this! Super gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was only one at my Walgreens, so hurry up and find it!

      Delete
  2. Nice! I like this one.. :)

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it pretty? Like a little galaxy.

      Delete
  3. I don't Like the brush either, my nails are too small!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not sure who thought this brush would be a good idea. Some people must like it.

      Delete
    2. My fat nails and I like the Insta-Dri spatula. It works well for us :-)

      Delete
  4. LOL *raises her hand* I am one of the freaks that actually likes the brush. >_< Don't hit me! And this color is very fascinating. I will keep an eye out for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course we will let you live. I think it just depends on your nail shape. Mine are sort of narrow, so a huge wide brush (that DOESN'T cover in one stroke!) is never good for me. Any bigger than an OPI Pro-Wide and I have problems. But to each her own!

      Delete
  5. Got it! I had almost given up hope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. MUST find this...I've been looking at every CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens that I come across! It is so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found mine at Walgreens. I usually have the best luck there.

      Delete
  7. So pretty!! I snatched it up the second I saw it last weekend. I am sure I will love it. I can't get enough of glittery vampy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree...this is what I also wanted ChG Smoke & Ashes to be. I have an Orly that is a black smooth glittery filled polish = but it's hard to get the glitter up into the brush without fussing. I am going to look for this shade when I hit my next run to Rite-Aide.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought the Smoke and Ashes, never wore it and promptly sold it! This color is way prettier-just wish the brush wasnt so weird!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!