Monday, August 27, 2012

Maybelline Color Show Downtown Brown

There is a new Maybelline display out, friends.  And it's full of duochrome polishes or polishes with duochrome shimmer.  There's a Chanel Peridot/OPI Just Spotted the Lizard dupe, and also some other interesting colors.  I only picked one.





Downtown Brown may look familiar if you know Misa Embroidered Emerald or Urban Decay Bruise. It's a similar feel.  But while the Misa and UD polishes have more of a plum base, I would call the base of Downtown Brown more of a true brown.  So anyway, brown base, greenish/blue duochrome shimmer.  It's a very nice polish, especially for one purchased at a Rite-Aid.  The formula was okay.  I used two coats but needed three; I noticed bald spots after the polish had dried.  This seems like a nice color for autumn.  In case you're super interested in this color, or the Peridot dupe, or any of the other polishes, here's what the display looks like:


In other news, today is my first day of classes.  I spent this past weekend hanging out with my friend from college and being thankful I wasn't at the Graduate Center, which is across from the Empire State Building, when that crazy guy shot that one dude and the NYPD shot all those other people.  Kind of freaked me out, guys.  I was pretty out of sorts on Friday and Saturday.  But as I was going out to meet my friend, my doorman told me I had a package.  I took it back upstairs to open it and found this:

I had mentioned to Ben last week that I didn't have any tangible photos of us not in digital form.  He framed these two from a wedding we went to back in June.  I knew they existed because the photographer told us how cute we were together, etc. (actually he said, "YOU TWO ARE HOT"), but as far as I knew we were still waiting for the pictures and I didn't know what they looked like.  These are especially nice because they're truly candid.  Neither of us knew the guy was taking pictures of us.  We were just dancing and apparently laughing at something hilarious.  And also making out in a crowd of people.  But anyway, I opened up the package, saw the photos and burst into tears.  I'm glad I opened it in my apartment and not by the doorman's desk, is what I'm saying.  And also yes, I do have the most thoughtful boyfriend in the world.  Incidentally, he is also the best.  I miss him so much.

Alright, that's all.  Aren't Mondays exhausting?  I'm writing this on a Saturday and I already know that I'll be exhausted today.  Wish me luck on my first day of my doctoral program!  I'm sure I'll need it.  

14 comments:

  1. I am loving those pics of you guys! Candids are always the best! You look and sound so much happier! Try not to worry about those shootings-fate won't let that happen to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the ONLY polish i want from this collection and i cant find it anywhere. literally, i went to 7 shops on saturday and 2 more today looking for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang in there; I'm sure you'll find it.

      Delete
  3. That is the most adorable set of photos I've ever seen. You guys <3

    Also, GOOD LUCK today! (although that was a bit belated).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Belated luck still counts ;)

      Delete
  4. Awwww you guys! so cute (sorry, HOT)
    Also I had to laugh when i read the sentence "I only picked one". True nail addicts would get the harsh reality of this LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, swatches of this polish have been popping up EVERYWHERE and now I think I need it! Hope you had a good first day of classes.

    Those are some sweet pictures of you and your man! My BF and I both hate getting our picture taken for ANYTHING, so I think I'm probably just going to be That Girl who frames a picture of his cat, because that's what my life has come to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might need it. It's an interesting color.

      And thanks. Ben and I both *love* to take pictures, so I don't think I'll be framing any of his cat. Although she's pretty cute.

      Delete
  6. レイバンレイバンうるさい友達がいまして、その友達の影響で、私もレイバンを好きに鳴り始めました。初心者にもかけやすいという噂で、レイバン RB2140を買いました。レイバン ウェイファーラーに属するそのRB2140、クラシックでシンプルなデザイン、とても気に入りました!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two really look sweet here on those pics

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great polish, and great pictures. What a nice post! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!