Thursday, October 11, 2012

OPI A-Taupe the Space Needle and Warm and Fozzie

Thanks a bunch, everyone, for all of the comments and reaching out you did to me after my last post.  Even though I wasn't sure whether or not I should publish that one, I'm glad I did.  I got many e-mails from many kind people, a few of whom live in New York and wanted to have coffee with me and cheer me up.  Which will help, I'm sure.  These photos are still from my iPhone.  The charger for my new camera was defective, so I'm waiting for a new one to be delivered to me.  I've been told that this will occur on Friday, so maybe next week I will have decent pictures to share.

Here I did a base of two coats of OPI A-Taupe the Space Needle from the 2011 Touring America collection that I was so, so fond of.  I can't even describe to you how much I love this color.  It's gorgeous.  It looks sort of like a flat brown in the bottle, but on the nail it transforms into this gorgeous taupe with [on me, at least] strong green undertones.  Stunning.  Then I sponged OPI Warm and Fozzie over the tips.  I've been doing this a lot lately.  For me it makes the polish last longer, and it adds a little visual interest.  This is a very autumnal-looking manicure. 
Yesterday I wore this tunic that I thrifted last winter; it's from H&M (I believe when I found it I yelled to my friend, "Look!  Vintage H&M!"), and it's entirely made of metallic thread with tones of silver, pewter, bronze, and gold.  I know that it has metallic thread because once I wore it through airport security and after I walked through the metal detector the cop said, "Oh honey.  You lit up like a Christmas tree."  Needless to say I was patted down.  And I learned my lesson about this tunic.  But I love it anyway.  Because it's all shiny and metallic and short-skirted it sort of reminds me of armor, and I feel like a little Joan of Arc warrior woman when I wear it.  I thought the polish went nicely with it.

Yesterday I also got my very first grade on something.  It was just a paper abstract, but I spent a lot of time researching for it.
A small triumph, but I guess that's what I'm living for these days.  At least I know I can still put together a decent sentence and that I have good ideas.

I actually was feeling pretty good yesterday.  Ben is starting a new job soon and has to train in Annapolis, MD.  He called on Monday night and proposed that I come to Annapolis and stay with him over that weekend.  Since he'd be working all day, I'd have all of that time while he's gone to do homework and research, etc. and we could spend the nights together.  I could also go into D.C. to see the National Gallery, where I've never been before.  But those plans seem to have sort of fallen through, or to have at least been made more difficult.  We're trying to work it out so that we can still see each other, but I just felt so defeated when I realized things wouldn't go as well as we thought they would.  I was doing my dishes after we talked on the phone last night and just burst into tears.  And then I had DISH SOAP HANDS and couldn't even wipe them away.  Worst.  

Anyway, that's what's going on.  I'm trying my best to keep my little chin up, wearing my warrior woman tunic and all.  Maybe the bunny sweater or unicorn shirt is in order for today.  Time to pull out the big fuzzy wardrobe guns.

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous mani! :) Love the combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on that A ! and I really that mani on you, I don't think I can pull either of those colors off too well. and I love that your tunic actually lit up in the detector haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised that there was enough metal in it to effect anything, but...thanks H&M. Haha.

      Delete
  3. Lol about the tunic and your mani is very pretty! And, also, hang in there. There will be good times and bad. This is probably the roughest patch, right in the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sentiment. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. I really like this mani :) I have warm and fozzy, one of my favorite polishes ever, especially now for fall it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's very autumnal. Perfect for this time of year!

      Delete
  5. Like this combo. Like this Mani. Like your 'A' grade. Like you. Heck, I don't even know you and I think you're awesome. So, for what it's worth, total stranger who likes nail polish thinks you are pretty neat.

    (thumbs up)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you. This was a very sweet comment.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the grade! It always helps me to focus on the positive things, whatever they may be. Love the little glitter gradient. Looks nice, and those colors go really well together. I should try one sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to try doing the gradients, but it's so easy and so pretty. I use a cheap-o eyeshadow sponge applicator that I get from Target (E.L.F., 5 for ninety-nine cents) to do the gradient. I get two manicures out of each of those (one for each side). It's an easy way to do it!

      Delete
  7. A day-trip to DC while in Annapolis, at least without a car, would be difficult to pull off. Annapolis itself is really pretty, and there's a bit to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I didn't do any of that. No worries.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!