Friday, October 12, 2012

Something A Little Different

Usually this blog is all about what's on my nails, but as a lot of you know, I also have a penchant for whimsically printed clothing items.  A few weeks ago I was on the phone with my fiance while I was browsing Etsy.  I came across Jennifer Lilly Designs accidentally, and I loved what I saw.  Particularly one dress that was classified as "kitsch bear animal wilderness cabin print dress."  So, I mean, duh.  It had me written all over it.  Add to that the fact that there was one left and it was my size, and I was sold.  And by that I mean that Ben was sold because he bought it for me when he heard me telling him how adorable it was.  I thought I'd show it to you, and encourage you to check out Jennifer Lilly's shop on Etsy because I'm so delighted with my little dress.  Again, I'm not using a "real" camera here, just Photo Booth and iPhone, but you will get the idea.

Here is the dress on me.  It fits really nicely.  This is a medium, and I am normally a US size 8-10.  It's a little short, but I'm taller than the average girl at 5'7.5".  I will wear leggings with it.
Here is me being me.  But, you can see more of the pattern (details to follow).
I would style it as such, with my favorite H&M blazer.

Anyway, as indicated above, I found the fit to be nice.  It's sleeveless, so I will have to layer it with a blazer or sweater or cardigan for the winter months, but that's fine by me.  Looks nice with the blazer.






And a few details of the lovely tag and tantalizingly cute pattern.  Isn't it great?  It's got fish AND bears AND deer AND lures AND pinecones AND canoes AND...the list goes on.  Some may say this pattern is too busy, but I say bring it on.  

Now that I know that these dresses are so lovely and well-made there are a few more that I'm eyeing.  All of her prints are adorable.  I think this one cost between $30 and $35.  So anyway, check out the shop if you're interested.  Receiving this dress in the mail was a little bright spot in my day, so I thought I would share it with you.

Thanks for reading!

20 comments:

  1. That is one kick ass looking dress!! Ben is such a great guy for getting it for you :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I like the print too but I think I could only commit to having it as a skirt. :) Out of curiosity, is there any lining to this dress, or is it thick enough that you don't need it or a slip? Because I have my eye on the Aztec print ...

    Have you checked out the ChariotsAfire etsy shop? I've been wanting to get a skirt made there but I mysteriously keep running out of funding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's unlined, but I don't think it needs a slip. It's pretty study cotton. I too love the Aztec print one. She has a lot of cute choices.

      I'm off to check out that Etsy shop you suggested up there :)

      Delete
  3. Yup that's totally you all right! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking at her cute dresses so many times already! Glad you like yours :) and glad to see a happy face on you ♥.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. Her stuff is super cute.

      Delete
  5. I just found the Halloween Ghost print dress. Uh oh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually stumbled upon the shop looking for Halloween stuff!

      Delete
  6. For some people this dress might feel ''too much'', but I think it totally fits you and your personality, you combined it with basic pieces and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. soooooooo pretty *_______*


    • ♥♥♥ •

    natalijayasmina-b.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg that dress is adorbs!! Wow! It is perfect for you. In glad to see you seeming happier :) we miss a happy you

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!