Monday, November 12, 2012

Shimmer Polish Cristina

I am kind of obsessed with Shimmer Cristina.  And the number of photos I took of it will probably attest to how awesome it is.  I used one coat of Cristina over two coats of Maybelline ColorShow Tenacious Teal, which is another great polish, and which you can see here as a full manicure and here as an accent nail.  And here's how it came out.


WHUT.  It's just too pretty.  Cristina is made up of green/teal, blue, and fuchsia glitter.  I knew it would be nice over Tenacious Teal when I saw it, but I didn't know it would be orgasmic.  It went so nicely with the Met button that I got on Saturday (gotta catch 'em all; unfortunately I already had a forest green.  Whatever.  I'm keeping them and someday will make a collage or something).  I just could not stop looking at my hands.  Cristina would also make a really nice Christmastime polish.

If you want to check out Cristina for yourself, visit the Shimmer Polish Etsy store, check out the Facebook page, or have a look at the blog.  They run at $12/bottle, but for $15 you can get a custom glitter.  Which is a neat concept.  Cindy is on vacation right now (jealous), which gives you some time to look at her blog for some swatches and to figure out what's on your wishlist.  And stay tuned to my blog, because I'll be putting more up.

Y'know.  Some crappy stuff has been happening to me lately.  Like my debit card number was stolen.  And then my iPhone stopped reliably making phone calls, which sucks.  I also had a total nervy b on the phone with my mom last week after being stuck inside for a week after Sandy.  I know that most people had it WAY WORSE than I did, but the entire thing was stressful, and the cabin fever was super intense.  So I'm going to tell you about four good things that happened to me as an exercise in positive morale:
1.  I tried on wedding dresses, which you already knew.  But I'm still sort of glowing from the experience, so I still think it's a good thing.
2.  I saw this super awesome wet plate photography demonstration at a studio in midtown for one of my classes.  The guy demonstrating (whose name I can't remember, which is terrible because he's an artist in his own right) was very engaging, and he showed us how to make ambrotypes and all of these old-timey photographic media.  He showed us how to pour collodion onto the plate, set it in the silver nitrate bath, expose it, and then turn the negative image into a positive one.  I wasn't looking forward to going to the demo because it was on a Friday from 3-5, but I was actually riveted the entire time.
3.  Ben got me these incredible earrings.

Yes, they are life-sized cicadas.  I love a good piece of statement jewelry.  If you want these, ModCloth sells them, but they're currently out of stock.  Here's the link.  The site has a new feature where if you want something you click a giant obvious button that says "I NEED IT!" to let the proprietors know that there is a demand for the product.  So, if you like these, go click that button.  I'm sure they'll have them back in stock before the holidays.
4.  Starbucks sugar free peppermint soy latte.  Favorite thing ever.  I JUST LOVE THE HOLIDAYS.

I'm going home on November 20, which is just over a week away now.  Counting down.  I love Thanksgiving, and my birthday is the Saturday after that, so I'm sure it'll be a good time.

Okay, that's all.  Sorry for the mammoth post.  I guess the gist is:  if you like glitter and pretty things, go buy yourself Shimmer Cristina, and if you want bugs in your ears check out those ModCloth earrings.

Over 'n out.

Disclosure:  the polish in this post was provided to me for review.  The opinions expressed are my own.

10 comments:

  1. LOL the summary for this post was basically the best. Glad to know you weren't too badly affected by hurricane sandy and that there were some bright spots in your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There's always at least one bright spot.

      Delete
  2. Those earrings: fantastic. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the polish and the necklace!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The necklace is from Target. I got it a couple years ago.

      Delete
  4. I just have two things to say:

    1. Amazing earrings.

    2. I have years worth of buttons from the Met and other museums. I've always thought it would be fun to decorate a little Christmas tree with them, maybe tying them on with ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Thanks, girl.
      2. That is a GREAT idea. I don't have that many yet. But SOON.

      Delete
  5. I am not quite sure I am loving those earrings-would most likely creep me out! But I think it's cool that Ben knew you well enough to know you'd like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a little creepy. But awesome.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!