Thursday, November 15, 2012

Shimmer Polish Tiffany

I thought I would alert you to the fact that Fashion Polish is also going to be putting up swatches of these Shimmer polishes.  Her photography skills are out-of-this-world amazing, and my sad little iPhone camera is no substitute.  So if you like one of these polishes that I'm showing you, keep an eye out at Sam's blog.  That having been said, today I have Shimmer Polish Tiffany over Essie Play Date (which you can also see here).







I didn't realize that I had polish on my cuticles until after I took the pictures.  Sorry.  Anyway, Tiffany is this cute mix of baby blue and baby pink glitter, predominantly, but also green and teal, and maybe another shade of pink.  Application was wonderful, and this is only one coat.  I think this looks nice with Play Date.  I was itching to use that one again because it's such a pretty purple color, and I think Tiffany complements it nicely.  It's like a little party on my nails.

If you want to check out Tiffany for yourself, visit the Shimmer Polish Etsy store, check out the Facebook page, or have a look at the blog.  They run at $12/bottle, but for $15 you can get a custom glitter.  Which is a neat concept.  Cindy is on vacation right now (jealous), which gives you some time to look at her blog for some swatches and to figure out what's on your wishlist.  And stay tuned to my blog, because I'll be putting more up.

I think I'll be doing one more Shimmer Polish post before I cool it on them for a little while.  I'm going home for Thanksgiving early next week, which also coincides with my birthday (it is the Saturday after Thanksgiving this year), and I always wear the same polish for my birthday.  I'm going to try to keep that tradition going; this will be year four.

Not much to report over on my end.  I fly home on Tuesday morning, so I'm excited for that.  Today I get to spend all day at The Met for various reasons, so maybe that'll be nice.  I'm definitely ready to go home, even though I'll be stressed out about losing time for ALL OF THE SHIT I HAVE TO DO FOR SCHOOL.  But, as my friend Sam told me today, I've had to do a lot more in a lot less time before.  Like last autumn when I was taking two seminars, chairing a symposium, taking French, teaching 101, and applying to PhD programs.  Compared to that this is cake.  The only problem is that I'm so exhausted when I get home every night that I never actually want to do anything.  I just lie in bed and watch SVU and then sleep.  I really need to fix that.  But god, Elliot Stabler woos me.

K, that's all for today.  Thanks for stopping by.

Disclosure:  the polish in this post was provided to me for review.  The opinions expressed are my own.

10 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of purple polish and anything that glitters, count me in! I love this manicure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Check out Shimmer's Etsy page!

      Delete
  2. Ooh! Sparkly purple and pink! ;-) Also, my teenage niece is absolutely addicted to SVU - she's been sick for months (mono and complications) and sometimes it seems like all that gets her through the day is Olivia and Elliot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think that with a crime procedural about rape you'd want to stop at just watching one. Somehow this isn't true.

      Delete
  3. LOVE that mani! Will have to try something similar. I don't know why, but I'm a bit burned out on the vampy colors already and have been craving some brightness. Thanks for sharing this!

    And an early Happy Thanksgiving to you! Enjoy your time at home with those you love. I'm sure you can't wait to see them all. Safe travel!

    Karli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I want light and bright in the winter, too.

      I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, too.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!