Thursday, December 13, 2012

Bobby Pin Polka Dots

I'm still in the festive Christmas spirit.  I got a sugar free peppermint Americano at Starbucks yesterday and everything. 

OPI Smitten with Mittens lasted forever on me.  Alas, it chipped, so I decided to do some dots.  This is two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls as a base.  The red dots are Rescue Beauty Lounge Chinoise and the sparkly green ones are China Glaze Mistletoe Kisses.  I've had that China Glaze since it came out in like 2010 and I still haven't actually used it for a full manicure.  Whoops.  I didn't wait long enough between the dots and topcoat, so that's why there are some smudges.  But I think it turned out pretty cute.  Once upon a time I owned a dotting tool, but I long ago misplaced it.  I made these dots using a bobby pin instead.  Now looking down at my nails makes me smile.  And I'm going to need to smile over the coming days.  There is some major studying ahead.

And yes, I'm still trying to take it easy and rest.  I'm doing my best to get plenty of sleep.  I have a presentation today, which is the thing that I'm probably the most stressed out about.  When it's over I think I'll feel a lot better and I can just study in bed all weekend while intermittently watching Sex and the City and Frasier.  Sounds pretty good to me (aside from the studying and memorizing slides thing).  I feel overwhelmed, but it'll all be over soon.

So, the dots.  Not bad for a bobby pin, right?

19 comments:

  1. I don't comment often, but your holiday manicures have been awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got to give Mistletoe Kisses a full mani! It's my go-to Christmas pedi since I bought it. I actually didn't pick it up on my first pass through that collection, but regretted it and went back for it (along with Midnight Kiss). If wintergreen were an actual color, rather than just a flavor of gum, it would be this polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like Mistletoe Kisses - it's not a bluegreen as say ChG Watermelon Rhind is, but it's nice to have options around a really bright more typical shimmering holiday green.

      Delete
    2. Grace, yeah this Christmas I'll give it a chance.

      Delete
  3. Heyy!!!!

    You have such an impressive blog :-) New follower from Sana's Fashion Ramblings. Just came across your blog and truely loved it. Its always been so nice to meet with a person who shares the same passion like me . I am following you now with a name Sana Sadiq .

    My Blog: http://sunniewrites.blogspot.com
    Facebook Page : www.facebook.com/SunnieWritesABlog
    Twitter : https://twitter.com/itsmesaannaa
    Pinterest : http://pinterest.com/sanasadiq/
    Shesaid Beauty : https://www.shesaidbeauty.com/sanasadiq

    would love if you follow me back <3 <3 <3 xxxx

    Regards,
    Sana
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It
    really useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me.
    Also visit my web page wholesale jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute!! Your dots are pretty dang perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, who needs a dotting tool? I have a million bobby pins that are bent out of shape and haven't bothered to throw away. Finally, a use for them!

      Delete
  6. Oh now I want a sugar free Peppermint Americano! Only right now mine would need to be a decaf. I always like the way My Boyfriend Scales Walls being used vs a bright white...funny too as I never thought that would be a polish I would ever pick up - but it works so well for my simple nail art..I like to use Orly Au Champagne as well too when I want a creamy white that has something that is not glitter and not shimmer. It's a good creamy base like none other I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Boyfriend Scales Walls is awesome, yeah. I really like it.

      Delete
  7. Awww...so cute!!! Love the color combos and the design. Perfect mani for this season. Love it! Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cute and very creative, the bobby pin thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this-so cool and I can't believe you did this with a bobby pin! I finally had to overcome my fear of dotting and now I'm a pro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your dots are excellent. I loved that rainbow one you did.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!