Thursday, December 06, 2012

Funky Fingers Pink Pixels and a Fancy Hat

YOU KNOW.  Finals are the worst.  They're just the worst.  There isn't TIME for EVERYTHING.  How long have I been in school now?  YEARS.  My entire life.  And I'm still not used to this.  Thankfully the PhD level of finals stress has been about on par with the MA level of finals stress, so at least it hasn't gotten worse.  MEET THE NEW BOSS, SAME AS THE OLD BOSS or something.  Can you tell I'm tired?  Okay, nails.


Funky Fingers Pink Pixels was another gift from Rach.  I thought it was time for the internet to meet it, because I couldn't find any swatches of it online.  And it's amazing.  It's a shimmery, metallic rose gold that has a mauve duochrome to it.  I'm smitten with this color.  I thought it might be brushstroke-y or sheer or something, but the application was amazing, and this is just two coats.  I think that this is a nice palette-cleanser color.  I've been wearing a lot of GLITTAH lately, and sometimes it's nice to pull out a neutral-ish pink that has a bit of pizzazz to it.  I love this one.

Yesterday I walked away from a public computer in the Graduate Center library and left my little flash drive.  It has all three of my final papers on it.  I didn't even think about it for literally three hours, and then suddenly I remembered and I had to race down there in heels and a dress and hope it was still there.  It was.  Someone had set it neatly on top of the computer tower for me.  So thank you, anonymous GC stranger, for saving my life and my [alleged] sanity.
I'll be writing all about that guy this weekend.  And other figures from the same fresco.  Look at his hat, you guys.  Flawless.  I could write pages and pages about that hat.  AND I WILL.  I vow to be done with that paper by Monday at the latest, and you are all my witnesses.

Aaaand I'm out.  Thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

  1. That is a lotta hat! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't no hat like a Renaissance hat. You can quote me on that.

      Delete
  2. YAY, WIN. I saw this one in 5B shopping for Secret Santa stuff and I knew you had to have it.

    And reading about your flash drive almost gave ME a heart attack. Glad someone left it waiting for you! Write them papers, girl. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's super wonderful. I love it much. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I hate losing flash drives!! Those things should have a lojack on them for how valuable yet small they are. Beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree. My flash drive is also roughly the size of my thumbnail, so it's easy to misplace. Good thing it has only happened once.

      Delete
  4. A sparkly or colourful chain attached to the flash drive has saved me from forgetting mine a lot of times. The whole liking shiny things does come in handy. Love the palette cleanser colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That boy's hat. It's so FAAAAAABULOUS I can hardly handle it.

    Thank god for good Samaritans who don't go stealing flash drives! I am breathing a huge sigh of relief for you, since I know how it feels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many good clothes in this fresco it's ridiculous. A feast for the eyes, but I'm ready to be done writing about it.

      Good samaritan indeed. I probably would have had a mental breakdown if I had lost that tiny flash drive.

      Delete
  6. I've never even used a flash drive that's how behind the times I am. How nice that someone didn't steal it as is the case most of the time. I must admit that I never understood art. But I do LOVE me some pointilism. I think that is the coolest thing that the artist does a bazillion little dots and from far away it's a picture. The one of the park with the ladies with their parasols? Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte by Seurat. It's at the Art Institute of Chicago. If you're ever there just follow the crowds and they'll lead you straight to it ;) I actually had a poster of that in my college dorm room by my desk. Pretty.

      Delete
  7. Gotta love some Early Southern Renaissance with its over-stylized hair and patterns. I like that the artist added himself in the Procession; quite interesting! And, uhm, this polish is quite sweet. I think I need it, but there are no 5 Belows around me D:

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!