Monday, December 17, 2012

Holiday Green and Gold (Sinful Colors Leap Flog)

Guys, I'm exhausted.  I spent all weekend studying, and I think I'm just out of steam.  On Saturday morning I woke up and without even getting out of bed pulled my study materials toward me and went over things until I felt I had to move on to memorizing slides for my other exam.  Ben called me late in the afternoon and all I could do was repeat to him in a small voice, "I'm so...tired" over and over again in response to basically whatever he said.  I can't wait for this week to be over.






To keep my spirits up I decided to cover my nails it real gold leaf.  Because if there's one thing that's necessary in life, it's that.  The base of this is Sinful Colors Leap Flog (yes, Flog; I don't know what the people at Sinful were smoking when they typed out the final copy of this label.  Unless it's a pun I totally don't get.  In which case, good work, Sinful.  Good work), which came out this past summer.  It's a really nice sort of blue-based evergreen color.  Like a blue spruce.  It never looks dark enough to be mistaken for anything but green, even in super low light, so that's great.  The formula was wonderful.  I used two coats.  Over Leap Flog I did two coats of OPI The Man With the Golden Gun.  I think it looks pretty great.  I was writing about a fresco for one of my classes, which I mentioned a couple posts ago, and one of the textiles in it looks like this:


So I may have been subconsciously influenced by this nice green brocaded velvet.  Either way, it looks pretty holiday-ish to me.  I'm happy with my nails.

I kind of quit drinking coffee at all this past week and decided to just go with tea, and I'm wondering if that's contributing to how lackluster I'm feeling.  Either that or I'm getting sick.  I don't know.  Earl Grey, although my favorite tea of all time, is just not giving me the kick I need.  Wish me luck today, though.  I have a final in my photography class that I feel totally unprepared for.  But, if there's one thing that being in school so long has taught me, it's that no matter how prepared for a test I actually am, I always feel completely unprepared.  So maybe it'll be okay.

Until next time.

15 comments:

  1. Ooooh, so pretty!!

    Earl Grey's my favourite tea as well =) Good luck on your finals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes your blog makes me scared to go to grad school. :( Take care of yourself, okay? I once studied myself into a stupor for a final and then was so tired when I took it that I made stupid mistakes, and probably did worse than if I hadn't studied at all.

    Good luck and get some rest! :)

    (Also, your nails look fabulous, as usual.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be scared to go to grad school! Everyone should. It's a scary thing. Advice: make sure you absolutely, positively, fucking LOVE the thing you're going for. Otherwise it's not worth it. If you do love it, then in the end the sleep deprivation, headaches, tears, and general lack of excitement about life will be worth it. At least that's what I'm telling myself. Someday there WILL BE a Dr. in front of my name. Maybe.

      Delete
  3. Good luck on the exam! I always feel horribly unprepared myself and haven't failed yet! I love the green and gold together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the luck. We all needed it. Ugh.

      Delete
  4. DUDE if you went cold turkey on the caffeine and you're the fiend that you've been saying you are? You may be in full blown caffeine withdrawal-technically it is considered a drug that you can get addicted to. Maybe you need some caffeine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Earl Grey is a black tea, which actually has a relatively high caffeine content, almost as high as a cup of coffee. But not quite. I have considered that I may be in withdrawal, but I'm definitely not depriving myself of caffeine. Just cutting back. Maybe I'll go back on the coffee and see if it helps. I've been having an Americano in the afternoon and you're right; it does make me feel a little better...

      Delete
  5. Good day! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask.

    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe
    guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My
    site discusses a lot of the same topics as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you're interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!

    My web blog - cubbyhole
    Feel free to visit my website ... mistrial

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download
    it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog
    jump out. Please let me know where you got your theme.

    Bless you

    My webpage formality
    Look at my web page ... affluent

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?
    A design like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make my blog stand out.
    Please let me know where you got your design.

    With thanks

    Check out my web blog - cost driveway
    Here is my web blog ... motor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you ever considered publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs?
    I have a blog centered on the same ideas you
    discuss and would love to have you share some
    stories/information. I know my audience
    would enjoy your work. If you're even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e-mail.

    Review my weblog ... search

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am curious which blogging platform you're using? I'm new to running a
    blog and have been thinking about using the Wordpress platform.
    Do you consider this is a good foundation to
    start with? I would be very thankful if I could ask you some questions through email so I can learn a bit more prior
    to getting started. When you have some free time, please
    make sure to get in touch with me at: kaylenecase@googlemail.
    com. Bless you

    My page - Premier weeknight

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!