Saturday, January 12, 2013

Essie Beyond Cozy

It has been a while since I've gotten a new polish for myself.  I've been so into neutrals and sheers lately that I have been wearing OPI Barre My Soul and Mimosas For Mr. & Mrs. almost exclusively.  Pretty boring, blog-wise.  The other day I was driving down to Columbus to stay with Ben while he works and to see my best friend, and I decided to stop and get a new polish on the way.


I can say without doubt that I am beyond in love with Essie Beyond Cozy.  I wasn't sure how I would feel about it.  Who needs ANOTHER dense gold glitter, amirite?  At least that's what I thought.  But really this one is a mixture of champagne and platinum glitter, giving the polish an overall lighter effect.  It's super dense, and I only needed two coats for full coverage.  The only semi-downside is that this one just NOM NOM NOMS topcoat.  I used two coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri on top of this one, and it doesn't look or feel like I used any.  But I'm okay with that.  Ben liked this one, too!  He said, "You actually out-blinged your own diamond with that one."  The highest of glitter compliments.

Because I've been hanging out with my friend, we've been doing a lot of shopping.  I haven't bought much.  We were shopping for bridesmaids dresses (still undecided) but also for a dress for her to wear to a formal event next weekend.  But in our travels I did buy this.
I'm...pretty excited about it.  When I spotted it I dropped whatever else I was looking at and ran over to snag it.  I was initially upset that the Forever21 we were at only had a small (my boobs and hips usually can't fit into a small anything).  Weirdly the sweater seems to run large, and a small was more than adequate (really strange for F21), so I was so glad to bring this one home.  First repeated animal print sweater of 2013:  CHECK.  I'm on a tight budget, but I got some dollars for Christmas, so I am also on the lookout for this one:
You may remember how I feel about lobsters.  I've been on the hunt for a lobster-print dress for a pretty long time, so maybe this sweater, which can be had for around $20, will satisfy me for the time being.

Other than that, things are pretty slow here.  My grandmother seems to be recovering.  I sort of felt like I had to get away (a luxury), so I'm just staying in a hotel with Ben in Columbus, seeing him after he's done with work at night, and hanging with Aimee during the day.  I'm enjoying it.  A lot.  I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing, actually.  Except maybe hang at my parents' lake house.  I'll see if I can get that done, too.

So, opinons on Beyond Cozy?  ...on marine animal sweaters?  

8 comments:

  1. I like the Lobster sweater!

    Beyond Cozy seems to me a silver that might actually suit my skintone. I think I need it!

    Glad your grandma is recovering - I don't blame you for the need to get away. It's human nature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I have yet to find that lobster sweater...

      Delete
  2. Was thinking about your lobster mug post when I saw that sweater! Hope you find one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lobster mug! I miss that mug. I think it's at my parents' house.

      Delete
  3. love love this polish color, too! i put it on one nail (the "party nail" as my coworker's daughter calls it - lol) and loved it. i haven't done all my fingers, but that may be in the works! that's funny what your fiance said, too. bling!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will use it as a "party nail" sometime also. It's a very festive polish.

      Delete
  4. Wow!!! Love the nail color. Its so elegant and classy. Great pick! Love your gray sweater too.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!