Wednesday, January 02, 2013

From the Hospital 2.0

This is not exactly the way that I wanted to start out 2013, but it is what it is.  The last time I posted from the hospital, it was because my mom was having surgery for some pancreas issues.  This time I'm here because my grandmother fell on New Year's Day and broke her left hip.  Luckily (I guess) my parents and my aunt and uncle had just moved her into assisted living, so after she fell she was able to pull a little emergency cord and have help right away.  Yesterday I drove back from Columbus and spent four or five hours with her in her hospital room.  I arrived today just a little too late to see her into surgery, which made me sad, but I'm here waiting with my dad until she gets out.  

I'm not exactly one for prayer, but I do believe in the power of positive thinking, so if you could send some nice thoughts over to the Cleveland Clinic for my grandma, that would be nice.  She's very scared and sad that this happened (especially at the start of a new year), so we've been trying to comfort her as much as possible.  She is an awesome, fun, and feisty little lady, so I'm hoping she finds the positive mental attitude she's going to need to get through this.

Here we are at my graduation party in May.  I have to say, I really like the angle at which she chose to wear that mustache.  It's a little diabolical.

That's all for today.  No nails yet.  But here's hoping things look up.

20 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma, but so glad she was able to get care right away! I will send positive thoughts/vibes, and hope she is feeling better, and up and about very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty eerie, considering that my grandma is still recovering from her hip fracture from November. Sending all prayers and healing vibes to your grandma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did your grandma have surgery? And how is she doing now?

      Delete
  3. Your Grandma looks to be a pistol from the angle of the mustache in that pic! She will pull through the surgery and the rehab and enjoy walking in the park and feeding squirrels and birds (if she enjoyed that before, that is ;+))

    Love, prayers and gentle, gentle hugs to both Grandma and you. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, she IS a pistol. She wasn't much of a park-walker before. It's hard for her to get around these days, and will be even more difficult now...

      Hopefully she's okay.

      Delete
  4. By the looks of that picture, your grandmother seems like a fun and feisty lady. Encourage her feistiness, that will help her heal. Don't worry about saying the right things. Just be yourself and know that your presence will be a comfort to her. Hang in there and seek the support from your fiance and your family members. It sounds like she's in good hands!

    Hang in there!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending all the positive thoughts I can muster her way!

    hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will send good thoughts to your Grandma-and hope she is doing better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm reading this a little late, but prayers and positive thoughts for your grandma -- she looks like she's a great lady, and she's in a really good hospital. I hope she's already feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm thinking good thoughts for you and your grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending positives thoughts to your grandma! And to you & your family. I'm hoping that she's feeling better in her body and her mind. Grandma's are one of the most special gifts in life. I'm sure that you being there helped her tremendously! I hope she'll be back to her fiesty self in no time.

    ~ Karli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Body is important but I almost think her mind is more important now. We'll see what happens...

      Delete
  10. Send you all the best from a fellow NY er! <3
    I went through a very similar situation with my grandmother years ago and know how scary it can be. Stay strong,much love and best wishes (hug)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!