Thursday, February 14, 2013

China Glaze Igniting Love and Mrs. Claus

Happy Valentine's Day, girls.  I've always felt pretty indifferent about this holiday, partially because I don't...think I've ever gotten anything for it.  I remember one year (2010) my dad got me this really nice card that I saved.  But other than that nothing else leaps to mind.  I do recall always getting valentines for everyone in the class when I was in grade school (accidentally typed "grad school" there; wouldn't that be funny).  I always got the Winnie the Pooh ones.  Anyway.

Every year on this day I wear China Glaze Lasso My Heart from Rodeo Diva.  But I didn't bring that to New York with me.  So instead I wore China Glaze Igniting Love with a Mrs. Claus party nail (my thumb is also a party nail).


Igniting Love is my new number one favorite don't-ever-wanna-live-without-it red.  It's loud, it's saturated, it leans orange, and it has sort of a jelly feel to it.  I think it could be a one-coater.  I used two here, though.  Mrs. Claus is, clearly, a Christmas polish.  But I thought it would look nice as a party nail here.  And I was right.  I really love this.

This is not the first time I wore Igniting Love.  Here's a picture of me that Ben took a couple weeks ago on the day we went to look at a possible wedding venue.

Even from a relative distance the color of the polish is still like HI I'M HERE LOOK AT ME I'M RED.  Seriously, it's a stunner.  Also, that last time I wore it (with Seche) it stayed on for six solid days without chipping.  Really, this is love between us, this polish and I.  So I suppose it is appropriate for a Valentine's Day post.

Today I won't be doing anything romantic--because, you know, Ben is in Ohio.  But also I will be in German class until at least 8:30pm.  Sam is here staying with me, so I will not be alone.  And that's always nice, no matter what day of the year it is.

Have a good day full of snugglies and fuzzies and hearts and...naked babies with bows and arrows?  I dunno.  Have a good Thursday.

18 comments:

  1. OH GOD. That red is so perfect!! Also, I appreciate your love of Mrs. Claus =)

    Happy Valentine's Day, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You need this red if you don't have it already.

      Delete
  2. i love that you call it a party nail, not the boring, expected accent nail.

    i'm also rocking Igniting Love today, but with Orly Halo as my party nail *stealing it*!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, someone commented on my blog once and called it a party nail. I adopted it from them ;) so you feel free to use it too!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely a stunner and oh, I love the glaze. Very apt with Valentine's Day! Happy Hearts' Day to you. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wearing China Glaze "With Love" which I think is a another gorgeous red from CG. To me, it is more neutral than Igniting Love. My "accent nail" (ring finger) has OPI's "My Boyfriend Scales Walls." Hubby and I are going out to dinner tomorrow night. May put white polka dots on the red and red dots on the white!

    Happy VD Stephanie!! ;)
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love polka dots with red and white. Totally reminds me of Minnie Mouse (in a good way).

      Delete
  5. Question....have you tried/reviewed any of OPI's Liquid Sand shades yet? I like the black one and the purple one from Mariah Carey set. Thoughts??

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not. I'm not interested in them, really. I think it's going to be a trend like mattes were for a while and then die down and go away. People seem to like them better with topcoat anyway, which seems to defeat the purpose...

      Delete
  6. Love that color! My Valentine's nails were Butter London Fiddlesticks, which is a color that I love in the bottle, but always forget I'm not so crazy about on my nails.

    Also, the first Valentine's Day I was married, my husband forgot about a card until that afternoon, and the only ones he could find were in Spanish! (Despite that, I stayed married to him for another 10 years...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, that's a cute story! My boss forgot about Valentine's Day and had a panic moment when I reminded him that it was that day in a meeting. He had to run out and get chocolates.

      Delete
  7. Oooo Igniting Love is gorgeous! It will be mine. Don't know how I missed that one as I love a good red.

    I'm with you on Valentine's Day - not a favorite holiday of mine. Very hyped and so commercial. I feel that we should celebrate the ones we love every day, not just on February 14th. Stepping off my soapbox now lol.

    ~Karli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allways love a good red polish: Igniting Love is perfect!! Love the combo with mrs. Claus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this combination too! I want to wear it again. Mrs. Claus is so awesome and I had forgotten all about it.

      Delete
  9. I've never had a good VDay either-so am really not a fan I much prefer random acts of kindness-not because Hallmark says today is the day. That red is STUNNING-reminds me of my love Phat Santa-I wonder how they compare?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most Expensive Cars in the World, Top Concept Cars, Top Strange Vehicles in the World and Car latest hot top Wallpapers
    worldlatestvehicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!