Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sinful Colors Morning Star (and Toy Story Clouds)

Yesterday I decided to try the last polish that Rach (thankyouyou'reawesome) sent me in December, Sinful Colors Morning Star.  I believe that this polish came out with a couple other ones billed as "sheers" in the summer of 2012.  I don't think that any of them were actually sheer.  Morning Star certainly isn't, but it was a little difficult to work with.

Morning Star is a sort of periwinkle-leaning baby blue.  In some lights it pulls more purple, in the others it appears to be more of a blue-gray.  It's somewhere right in between Essie Bikini So Teeny and Essie Boxer Shorts, both polishes I love.  It has silver and blue shimmer in it also.  It's very nice.  I needed three coats to even it out because the formula was a little...goopy?  I'm not sure of the word to use to describe it.  It was kind of like those early B3F polishes that were runny but thick at the same time.  I actually had some of the polish drip off of the stem of the brush and onto my finger while I was polishing, and that is a first for me.

The PARTY NAIL is two coats of nails inc. Baker Street, which I also wore here.

I can't help but think of these when I think of the name of this polish:
I eat one of these every day, though usually just the regular ones, not the black bean.
ANYWAY.  I digress.

Yesterday was a very rainy day in New York, so I also decided to add little clouds to my thumbs using my unique and lowbrow method of bobby pin dotting.  I don't mind the way they came out.  I think it looks sort of cute.  Here I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (last seen on my fingers here).

I showed a picture of this to Sam and she texted back, "Toy Story clouds!"  I guess they kind of are, aren't they? 
I did always like Toy Story.  I liked the dinosaur.  What a silly.  

That's all for today.  I'm pretty into these blue nails with my little cartoon clouds.  Maybe they'll brighten up the rest of my week even if the sun won't come out (but I'm pretty sure it's going to).

10 comments:

  1. Love the clouds! (And "Toy Story.") I'm sorry this was a goopy mess to work with. :( But the color payoff is worth it.

    P.S. WRT your previous post, I have never seen "When Harry Met Sally." Blasphemy? Possibly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, totally worth it. I've been having some trouble with Sinful Colors formulas generally as of late.

      Blasphemy? I don't know about that. It's your classic chick flick. But I love it. Meg Ryan went to The University of Chicago (me too), and Harry and Sally both moved to New York to follow their dreams (me too; remains to be seen how it'll work out). Of course I've loved the movie since before college or grad school. But it's pretty great.

      Delete
  2. I love this color and that collection! I've wanted it for a while but haven't been actively searching for it, do you have any idea if it was limited edition? I'd be gutted D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was LE for last spring or summer, yes :(

      Delete
  3. Morning Star reminds me of Cinderella (also SC). I love those clouds! And I eat those burgers frequently, as well. The black bean is really delish! You should try them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does remind me of Cinderella. Lacks that pink shimmer, though. I have tried the black bean ones, but they have more carbs than the regular ones. Which is what I avoid. They're good, though.

      Delete
  4. I love the combi with Bakerstreet: very nice contrast! The clouds are too cute, love the idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Black Bean patties! I haven't had one in a while, but I think I'm the only one in my family who prefers those to the regular ones. If you go to Chili's they actually use the black bean burgers in their burgers for meat replacements.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!