Monday, March 18, 2013

China Glaze Pink-ie Promise

I had the hardest time photographing this one.  I used my fancy digital camera and the photos turned out really poorly.  The best one was one I snapped with my iPhone camera.



I really wanted to be able to have the shimmer in the polish show up in the pictures, but that first one up there is the best I could do.  This polish is sort of hard to describe.  I mean, on a base level it's pink.  But do an image search in Google for it and you'll see swatches of it that make it appear to be both bright baby pink and a more toned-down mauve.  Really, it's both.  In low light it definitely looks like something Molly Ringwald would have worn in the 80s; namely, more of a mauve with lavender undertones.  Then in brighter light the pink shimmer comes out and definitely makes it look lighter and more saturated.  Either way, it's a light and happy-looking pink.  The formula on it was fine, but a little thick.  And as you can see, it really decided it would be a great idea to settle in and highlight all the ridges in my nails, which is really weird.  Regardless, I used two coats and NYC GCS.  I'll probably wear this until it chips, but it's definitely not my favorite color.  It's just okay.  I did put it on my toes, though, because I like light neutral-ish colors there.  It looks cute.

This past weekend I couldn't find the motivation in me to do anything.  I decided that on Saturday while I did my laundry I would allow myself to do nothing.  No homework, no reading, etc.  Which was nice.  Once my laundry was done I did German for a few hours.  Then I just couldn't...focus.  I went out to H&M to cheer myself.  It worked for a little while.  Sunday was pretty much also a wash, academically.  I have a German test today so I really should have been practicing for that, but I just couldn't.  Spring break is four days away.  Right now my flight is scheduled for Friday evening, but Ben and I are going to try to move it to Friday morning so we can have an extra day together.

To conclude:  I'm not super excited about this pink nail polish and Mondays are the absolute worst.  I'm going to end with this picture...


...of a tabby kitten snuggling a yellow stuffed bunny.  Because, why the hell not?

Oh, and here's a bunny eating some yellow flowers.


You're welcome.

8 comments:

  1. I dunno, I'm pretty excited about any polish described as something Molly Ringwald would wear in the 80s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you would love Rescue Beauty Lounge Om, for sure.

      Delete
  2. My first thought is that it needs a thin coat of Pirouette My Whistle over it. But then, right now I think that about any lighter-colored polish! (And I'm pretty sure I got this idea from you.) Right now, I'm wearing it over Steady as She Rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I thought of adding PMW! But I decided to see how I'd like it on its own. I think I'll add it to my toes, though! Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  3. I like this colour on you! But I agree, it's nothing too special.
    And that cat is just TOO cute!

    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a mauve to me :) reminds me of my prom dress from a long time ago ;D so cute for spring, though. anyway I've followed your blog, would be very happy if you'd check mine out too :) Thanks! http://peachysweetness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!