Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Firmoo Review OR: A Million Selfies

Hey guys.  I'm back with something different.  I promise that later in the week I'll update with nails or life stuff or whatever.  Right now I'm wearing CND Shellac in Asphalt on my nails and kind of loving it because I don't have to worry about chipping polish.  But I digress.

A while ago I was contacted by Firmoo, an online prescription glasses retailer, to do a review.  I readily agreed.  I'm kind of a weirdo with glasses in that I really love them, but I kind of hate wearing them.  Because I can never find ones that I feel comfortable with having on my face all day.  I wear contacts instead.  But I was excited to be able to pick out a new pair.  Here's the little mission statement from Firmoo's site:

  • Vision - An ideal pair of prescription glasses as a half medical tool to correct vision should be made up of a quality frame and lenses with accurate prescription. We promise all our eyeglasses frames are of high quality. Besides, all eyewear provided by us goes through strict inspection by our experienced opticians before shipping to ensure the accuracy of lens prescription. That's why we keep the lowest return and exchange rate among all online optical stores worldwide.
  • Fashion - We offer classic and fashion glasses frames for you to choose from. All of these frames which are quite popular in the world are elaborately picked by our staff from thousands of frames in the market.
  • Frugal way - Our prescription eyeglasses are inexpensive even though with high quality, therefore, everyone can afford it.
Pretty awesome.  Basically all you do is put in your prescription, pick out your frames, and you're good to go.

I had never ordered glasses online before, but it was easy.  My only beef with the process is an inherent one, and that is that you obviously can't try on the glasses before you buy them.  They do have a virtual try-on option, which is nice, but nothing compares to actually putting them on your face before you make a decision.  Here is a link to the glasses I chose (the frame no. is SD2267 and the color is tortoise).  My order didn't take long to fill--maybe about two weeks.
The glasses came with a little carrying case and a glasses case.

Inside the case the glasses were wrapped in a nice microfiber cloth for cleaning and such.

See?  Nestled right in there.

And here they are.
They also came with a tiny screwdriver and two extra screws just in case.

And here I am.  I had literally just gotten off a plane when I took these, so...sorry about my hair.



Notice my suitcase in the background.

NOW:  iPhone selfies





I had a really good experience with Firmoo overall.  I like the glasses, they came to me promptly, their PR people were nice, and ordering was easy.  Also, something that's really neat is their first pair free program.  For more information regarding that, and a tutorial that shows you how to get your first pair of glasses for FREESIES, click here (because, why wouldn't you want that?).  Thanks to Firmoo for providing me with new glasses!  These are ones I'd actually wear OUT OF MY APARTMENT, which is rare.

 Okay, that's all for now.  I'll have more for you later this week re:  nail polish, spring break, and a Tess Collection post (hopefully).  Hope you're all doing well!

DISCLOSURE:  The products in this post were provided for my review.  The opinions expressed are my own.  For more information, please see my disclosure policy.

13 comments:

  1. ahhh they look so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is off topic, but is that your natural hair color? I'm looking to get a similar color myself (I love cool-toned ash blonde shades) and was wondering how you managed it, or how your colorist does it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually is my natural color. I've never altered the natural blonde (barring one unfortunate incident with pink about a decade ago).

      Delete
  3. OH MY GOD! I loveeeee these! I have a glasses OBSESSION (I currently have I think 4 up to date pairs?) Glasses are totally my boo. Super glad you posted these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I may even go back for more.

      Delete
  4. Those frames suit your face SO well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so awesome on you! I wear glasses and hate contacts but would have a very hard time picking out glasses without being able to try them on first

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!