Monday, April 15, 2013

Not Tart-y For This Pastel Party

I finally dug a bit more into my China Glaze Avant Garden collection and decided that two spring pastels is better than one.









I can't help but be sort of happy when I look at this.  I love the way these colors look together.  Tart-y For the Party (ha) is a bright, cool purple that still manages to look soft at the same time.  The application on this one was absolutely flawless.  I was so impressed.  This was two coats.  As much as I like this purple, I was absolutely enamored with the finish of the sea foam green polish, Keep Calm, Paint On.  First, I love the name.  But I wasn't expecting to love the polish, mostly because I'm not crazy about minty green colors.  As it turns out, I really like it.  The shimmer makes the polish really interesting to me.  The shimmer is so fine that sometimes it makes the polish look like it has a pearlescent finish.  But then sometimes, like in the first picture, the gold really peeks out.  The formula on this one was less wonderful, but still okay.  It was a little patchy.  I did two coats on my ring and thumb nails, but I think that perhaps I could have done with three.  


Yesterday I made this super halfhearted sponging addition.  I dig the way the blue (Fade Into Hue, also from Avant Garden) looks with the purple.  But the yellow (L'Oreal Creme Puffs--which, love on its own) wasn't pigmented enough to do the job so I just kept sponging and sponging until it ended up looking like too much and not integrated enough.  But that's okay.  It all looks neat from not-super-close-up.

On Friday Ben surprised me by having flowers delivered to me after my class for our anniversary.  It was so sweet.






It put me in a better anniversary mood.  Another thing that was nice on Friday was that my parents went to visit the venue where Ben and I want to get married and they both loved it.  So we booked it.  There was something really nice about booking our wedding venue on our year-anniversary.  Also this means the date is official so I'll share that we're getting married on September 20, 2014.  It was my grandparents' anniversary.  We visited the venue right after my grandma died.  When we saw how lovely everything was and that we could get married outside in an enclosed garden, we decided that we should get married in September when hopefully it's not too hot or raining.  I looked at my calendar for 2014 (the previously agreed upon year) and the 20th happened to fall on a Saturday.  I think it was fate.  So you can start eagerly awaiting seeing me in a slinky white dress.  Or is it a poofy dress?  Secrets!  

K, happy Monday.  Over 'n out.

14 comments:

  1. Preeeeeeeeetty! And so spring-y. Which must be nice, assuming the weather is Not Fun up there. I haven't dipped into that purple yet, but this post really makes me want to.

    Also (1) belated happy anniversary and (2) YAY WEDDING DATE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weather's okay. 65 and sunny today! Buuuut I'm inside anyway.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE those on you! I may have to snag Keep Calm, Paint On and Tart-y For The Party.

    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Wedding Date!!! We decided on our colours a few days ago, so I'll be announcing that with a polish this week =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so on top of your shit, girl. I love it.

      Delete
  3. I'm confused as to why I do not own that purple. It's perfect.

    But YAY venues and dates and dresses! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might like this one since you liked Play Date so much!

      Delete
  4. Oh wow: look at those flowers...they are g o r g e o u s!!! Love your seafoam-lilac combo as well, perhaps I should consider buying Keep Calm Paint On..... >decisions<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's unique enough to buy even if you have a few other minty-type greens. It's very interesting.

      Delete
  5. such a crazy coincidence - my fiance and i just booked our wedding for the same day!! looks like we'll be anniversary twins in a year and a half.. haha. congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice. Yeah, it just worked out that way. Good to know I'm not doing things crazy early.

      Delete
  6. I am loving that green polish! May have to go out and buy it! I love September my last marriage was in September such a great time of year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I hope my ONLY marriage is in September.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!