Thursday, May 09, 2013

Dear Dad, or: Lippmann Rockin' Robin

Dear dad,

I have to say, as far as dads go, you're my favorite one.  I might be biased, but we'll just leave it at that.  Remember that amazon gift card you sent me?  I know you may have thought I'd use it to enrich my mind in some way, maybe buy a book or even a DVD or something.  But one word flashed through my mind when I held the card in my hot little hands:  LIPPMANN.  This might not mean much to you, dad.  But to me it was an opportunity to own a ridiculously expensive bottle of nail polish and I jumped at the chance.  I blew that whole gift card on this little bottle.  Sometimes I tend to sort of build things up in my head.  This is gonna be AWESOME, I thought as I eagerly awaited my package.  And guess what?  It's awesome.





You enabled this, dad.  And so, thank you.  I haven't been this excited about a bottle of nail polish in a very long time.  I love everything about this.  The nice minty-blue color, the little black hex glitter, the way the first coat of glitter gets covered up but sort of peeks through (three coats shown here).  I have been nail-gazing allllll week because of this polish.  It was something little (but kind of big because Lippmann) to get excited about in the middle of my finals distress.

Sadly it also makes me want to eat mint chocolate chip ice cream, which, as you know, is among my favorite ice cream flavors.  

This polish will get a special spot in my stash (or in the vase on my windowsill I have taken to calling The Polish House).  

Your favorite [only] child,
Steff

14 comments:

  1. I am so glad I am not the only one who contemplates DL nail polish when getting a gift card. And that color is drool worthy. Let me see what shenanigans I invent to have an excuse for it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to give more Lippmann's a shot.

      Delete
  2. You are so funny! This post is perfect. I just love how you write. Now of course I'm not a glitter of Lippmann fan but I just spent my Christmas gift card on a set of stamping plates. So I'm so with you there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me wonder if I still had that box of Thin Mints in the freezer -- and I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nails are getting long! They look nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks. They were not long for this world.

      Delete
  5. HOLY SHIT YOUR NAILS ARE LONG. Also, honey child, you need some more expensive polish in your life. I need to send a little care package your way. Lippmanns are my first true love. Well, asides from ya know my husband and kids and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I just trimmed them down a little.

      I too poor for the really expensive stuff! Sad but true.

      Delete
  6. I love this! So sandwich a like :)
    Happy to be your newest follower :)

    My nail polish blog nails-and-more.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I. Need. This. Right. Now. OMG.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!