Friday, June 14, 2013

H&M Jungle Me

Last week I got out of work early one day and so I decided to stop by one of my favorite Manhattan H&Ms by Grand Central.  I'm not going to lie, Manhattan H&M stores are brutal.  It's hard to find stuff, the lines are long, and the staff isn't exactly friendly.  But dammit, I just can't keep away.  While I was there I got a leopard skirt that I kind of love, and while I was standing in line (for 25 minutes!!!!) to buy it, of course all the nail polishes were lined up right there for me to grab at.  And grab I did.  (Sorry for my jank cuticles.  I don't even know, you guys)







Okay, so I did sort of enhance this polish a little bit.  In the bottle Jungle Me is a super saturated-looking bright grassy green...with shimmer, which you can see in the bottle in some of the pictures.  But sadly the shimmer really died down on the nail.  I could hardly see it at all so I was a little disappointed.  Soooo I pulled out my trusty bottle of OPI Pirouette My Whistle and avoided picking up any of the larger hex glitter, just focusing on laying down the smaller silver glitter to mimic the shimmer effect that I wish this polish had on the nail.  And I really like how it looks!  Don't get me wrong; this green is beautiful on its own.  But I thought it needed a little oomph.  

The formula was fine.  Not too thick and not too thin, easy to control.  I used two coats here.  I think I paid $4.95 for this polish, but I was kind of in a retail daze so I can't remember.  I'm satisfied with it; I don't very often buy H&M nail polish because the colors rarely appeal to me.  This one certainly did.  But what's with the name "Jungle Me"?  Is it something the kids are saying these days?  I have no idea.

Anyway, no more updates.  I'm just working full-time trying to finish my fellowship hours.  I was so excited when I did the math and figured out that I could take a week off at the beginning of July and go home for my family reunion.  I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to do that, but it turns out that it'll work just fine.  I got my plane tickets this week, so I'm just counting down the days...I fly home the morning of June 29th and I'll get to see Ben for a couple days before he goes out of town for work.  I'm definitely keeping myself busy with work and such, and actually getting on a regular schedule.  I usually have really bad insomnia and anxiety, but I think my mind is starting to settle just a tiny bit.  I still have anxiety about a few key things, but I'm falling asleep at a normal time and waking up early.  I find myself laughing more at work, making more jokes, and generally loosening up.  I still feel like I'm catching up on sleep from all the shenanigans of the past semester, but I think I'm mentally rehabilitating myself.  So that's good.  One day at a time, right?

Any opinions on H&M nail polish?  I have a couple bottles that a friend sent me from Europe, but other than this one I haven't paid much attention to them.  I guess I'm more focused on leopard miniskirts when I'm in the store.  And who can blame me...?

6 comments:

  1. YAY for feeling better! and YAY for this color green. HOMG its such a pretty green. lovessssss it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty! It reminds me of Essie Pretty Edgy.

      Delete
  2. Glad youre feeling better and that green is awesome. We have in H&M here in Georgia but they dont sell polish. I have no opinion on them other than they need to get their asses down here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be so sad without H&M. Good thing there's one on every corner here... ;)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE H&M polishes and I just can't resist grabbing at least one bottle when I visit the shop. I also very much love their seasonal sets of minis. Formula of the brand is usually awesome, too. I think I've just found a couple polish of over 40 that were a little too thick. The rest is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never gotten the minis before. I'll have to check those out.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!