Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hard Candy Sweet Tooth

By the time Memorial Day rolled around I had been dying to try out the new Hard Candy Sprinkles polishes for quite a while.  Luckily my parents' lake house is near a tiny town with a huge Walmart.  My little cousin had some tooth fairy money to blow through, so we took her up there to nail polish shop.  I may have walked away with a few things too, like Sweet Tooth.






This is a light, airy, jelly baby blue base filled with pink (maybe copper, though?), blue, and silver glitter.  I wasn't sure what to expect from the formula, and this one was definitely a bit sheer.  But buildable.  I used three coats here.  I really liked how this one looked on me.  I think it would probably look great in a nice jelly sandwich with RBL Bikini Bottom.  

Also, the lipstick I'm wearing up there in that picture is one of my new absolute favorites, Milani Hot Pink Rage.  I'm kind of obsessed with their revamped lipstick line, which I believe is called Color Statement.  I just picked one out at random a couple weeks ago and it's gorgeous, wears beautifully, and is a lovely drugstore matte, which I'm always looking for.  I think there are two other mattes in the collection (which is permanent), so I'm probably going to snap them up sometime soon.  There is no such thing as too much lipstick.  Oh, and another bonus (if you're into sweet smells) is that these particular lip products smell like a watermelon Lip Smacker.  Win, Milani.  Epic win.

So, does anyone have a favorite Hard Candy Sprinkles polish?  Aside from Sweet Tooth I also picked up one other one, but I'm totally open to suggestions for my next excursion to a rural Walmart.

21 comments:

  1. That polish looks great! I have Pixie Pink, the lavender-ish one, and just purchased Sugar Rush, the white! I'm loving them, but they're a pain to remove...do you use the foil method?
    - K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do use the foil method. I actually didn't do that with Sweet Tooth, though. I just scrubbed it off. And it was definitely a pain.

      Delete
  2. I bought some of those Hard Candy polishes but Ive not had the chance to wear them yet.
    Dude, Milani's lipsticks are awesome & I love that smell. The new Rimmel Show Offs smell the exact same way. It's a nice change from smelling vanilla. -L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE the watermelon smell!

      Delete
    2. DAMMIT ERNIE! you told her what I was gonna tell her bout the watermelon Rimmels first. punk

      Delete
  3. That's a really pretty one... I wasn't expecting Hard Candy when I looked at the picture initially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it has a nice delicateness to it.

      Delete
  4. Looks cute :-) I'm never sure how these small sprinkles polishes will look on me so I haven't bought any. Stephanie, does your large rural Walmart have the Salon Perfect Neon Glitters out yet? If so, can I email you for the location? I have been looking all over CLE for them with no luck :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't be at my rural Walmart again until the weekend of July 4th. I'm still in New York. That Walmart is in Mt. Vernon, OH. But that's two hours away from Cleveland! So I'm sure you'll find what you need closer.

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure... I think I've been to all the Walmarts on the east side with no luck. Oh well. They're bound to show up eventually, right?

      Delete
    3. I'd try the west side before you head down toward Columbus...

      Delete
    4. Lol, yeah. That's the plan. I'd buy it on Ebay before I head down to Columbus...

      Delete
    5. I know there's one in North Olmsted that I've had good luck with in the past.

      Delete
  5. Taking your niece with tooth fairy money and then buying Sweet Tooth. I see what you did there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Love the lipstick. Also, if you're diggin the watermelon "flavor" of the lipsticks you HAVE to try out the new Rimmel Apocalips lip glosses. I'm a lip product junkie and these are my new absolute hands down favorites. If you can't find them shout at me and I'll pick you up a few ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a display of those recently and I've been really wanting to try them out, but all the reds were GONE. And I don't really need another mauve in my life. But I'll keep looking! The Empire State Building Walgreens has good loot a lot of the time.

      Delete
  7. I think there are two other mattes in the collection (which is permanent), so I'm probably going to snap them up sometime soon. There is no such thing as too much lipstick. Oh, and another bonus (if you're into sweet smells) is that these particular lip products smell like a watermelon Lip Smacker. Win, Milani. Epic win.lol elo boosting service
    Buy League of Legends Elo Boost

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!