Monday, June 24, 2013

LBD

After wearing a really light nude for the past few days I really wanted to just use a straight-up black.  But then I thought, that's boring for the blog.  And maybe it is.  But then I asked myself, is a little black dress ever boring?  No.  No it's not.  It's always classic, but never boring.  And a nice black manicure is nothing but an LBD for one's nails.



two coats of NYC Black Lace with Seche



Hello, black.  It's been a while.

My weekend went really quickly.  Like, crazy quickly.  On Saturday I went to Target for grocery shopping and immediately regretted the seven-block walk because it was really hot. Then I had to carry a backpack full of La Croix (among other things) back because I NEED IT.  Yesterday I went to see The Bling Ring and then hit up the Anthro summer sale.  Last week I was telling a co-worker about my weekend and she said something like, "I'm really impressed at how much you do by yourself."  I was like, "I do literally everything by myself."  Guys, I'm so lonely.  I hate going to the movies by myself.  Something tells me that Ben wouldn't have wanted to see The Bling Ring, though.  I also finished The West Wing, which I've been working on watching since January.  I know I'm like a million years late to the party on that one, but it was great.  So great.

Oh hey, also my debit card number was stolen for the second time since I moved to New York.  After a while at my bank, an even longer while on hold on the phone with customer service at my bank, and then a jolly visit to a police precinct I think it's straightened out (maybe?).  The person who stole it gave themselves away by spending like $60 at a barbecue place last Thursday night.  Thankfully my bank was on top of their shit and was like, I don't even think Stephanie likes barbecue.  At least I like to think that that's what transpired before my card was deactivated.  So, that was fun.  

The bright side is that I only have 40 hours at work and five hours in the gym until I get to go home for another visit.  My last visit.  Let the joy-jumping commence.

10 comments:

  1. I had someone buy a whole ski trip with mine once. Thank God for banks who are on top of their stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An entire ski trip is...really serious business.

      Delete
  2. I love black manicures, thankfully my new job likes dark colors on us and encourage th vampy colors, and its skin care! nY and their issues, when we first move last year I got a bag of MAC products stolen from me when I went to the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got your MAC stolen? That's the worst.

      Delete
  3. I agree on the lbd comparison - nothing quite like black polish on short nails. Sorry about your card number :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. O_o ugh I *hate* when credit cards get stolen. We've had it happen a couple times. Its never fun to have to clean up after some jerk like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pain. But that'll teach them to eat all that barbecue (it actually probably won't teach them anything).

      Delete
  5. The nails are nice... but that winged eyeliner is FAB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! My fiance agrees. He's into that eyeliner.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!