Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Minty Dots and Lake Erie

First off, thank you to everyone for all the wonderful things you've said to me the past couple days.  Out of the myriad comments, e-mails, texts, and phone calls I got, only one of them was at all negative.  The rest were lovely and amazing and perfect.  I couldn't ask for a more supportive and loving group of people.  I got pretty misty-eyed reading through all of your words of encouragement.  I'm lucky to have all of you.

And there's no good way to segue to nail business so...


Once again I have to give Ben the credit for these pictures.  When I was home we went to Huntington Beach on Lake Erie because I knew a storm was rolling in and I thought it would be cool to watch over the lake.  He was taking a bunch of pictures anyway, so I requested that he take a few of my nails.




whoops, there's my butt

I am totally in love with how this looked.  The base color for this was Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mint Sorbet, which I last posted about here.  Then I used a bobby pin and dotted on silver with Sally Hansen Chrome Nail Makeup in White Pearl (that polish is suuuuuuper old--I got it when I was in high school).  Usually I just do dots in random places on the nail, but this time I decided to do them in a nice structured pattern.  And I just loved how it looked.  The mint and silver together seemed so fresh and clean.  I kept this on past when it chipped, even.  I just couldn't bear to remove it.





Here are some other pictures he took.  The water was eerily calm with no waves at all.  Seagulls were snoozing on rocks when we walked out to the edge of that little rock pier up there.  It was nice and warm out, but with a strong breeze.  The water was cold, and by the time we left it was just starting to drizzle.  But it was perfect ice cream weather, as you can see.

Then we went to rinse off my sand-covered feet.  While I was putting my sandals back on I noticed a swingset.  And you guys, my excitement was palpable.  

I guess I noticed the swings and gasped right as Ben was taking the picture, so you can see my OH MY GOD SWINGS face.



We had a lovely time that day.  Ben isn't from my side of Cleveland so he had never been to that beach.  I think maybe we'll take some of our engagement photos there come August.  That'll be fun.

Anyway, I'd actually really like to recreate that dot manicure up there, but I left my mint and silver polishes at my parents' house.  Oh well.  I'll have all my polishes again soon.  Maybe I'll do some more structured dots like this with a couple other colors and see if I like it just as much.

22 comments:

  1. You guys are cute. Also your dots are PERFECT. Mine always end up lopsided. LOL!-L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you look really closely they're actually pretty jacked up. But from far away they look alright! That's sort of a trend with me and ANY KIND OF NAIL ART.

      <3

      Delete
  2. I stumbled upon you today. I am a fellow Clevelander and polish addict. I'm going to keep my eye on your blog. Maybe one day we'll bump into each other...and hopefully our nails will be dry.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! My fiance and I just had our engagement pictures taken on Monday, it was so fun, you'll have a blasty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're looking forward to it. Our friend is taking the pictures, so I think it'll be really fun.

      Delete
  4. A.) i'm so gonna have to copy that mani (after i hit ebay for that chrome silver) and b.) i have the exact same reaction to swingsets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maaaaan that silver is super old. I remember when I was a freshman in high school I was babysitting somewhere and painting my nails with that. And watching Rascal Flatts videos.

      Delete
  5. Hi Steph, LOVE your nails! The mint + silver combo is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I threw it in the dryer the last time I wore it last summer so it's a tad on the short side now. It's from Urban Outfitters.

      Delete
  7. Love the nails, but more than that, I love your "OHMYGOD SWINGS!!!!" face. I feel the SAME. WAY. And how often do we get to have that moment as grownups? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love swings so much. But my butt really hurt after a good swinging session.

      Delete
  8. That picture of you on the rocks is AMAZING! Did I ever mention I'm a Clevelander too? I haven't been to Huntington Beach yet, though. Just moved here last summer. I love those nails too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you did mention it! If you're on the west side I'd definitely check out Huntington. There's a Mitchell's there now, so delicious ice cream is close by!

      Delete
  9. I have a bad feeling that my comment may have come off as the negative one. By no means was I trying to be negative and now I'm feeling like a big pile of crap for saying anything. All I was trying to say was it is your decision, it shouldnt matter what the rest of the world thinks or says. Only you know what is right for you.

    I do apologize-you know I love your blog and never meant to come off as negative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I mean...it did upset me that after everything I wrote, and after describing how hard this has been for me and how long I spent writing it and explaining myself, that you felt like you had to "play devil's advocate." I just didn't understand that. I don't need anyone to do that to me right now. And I don't think I'm getting married too young. I'll be almost 28. And while that isn't OLD, I'm not running away at 19 and tying the knot in Vegas.

      But I do appreciate this second comment.

      Delete
  10. What is Lol...? Every thing you want in Lol and Troll, Now you Get all in one Network, ThatIsLol.. Lol Pictures, Lol Videos, Lol Peoples, Funny Peoples, Troll Images, troll pictures, funny pictures, Facebook pictures, facebook funny pictures, facebook lol pictures, Funny videos and Much More only Laughing out of Laughing
    thatislol.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Earn Money with Facebook, Just Post a Picture on Facebook and Get Earning on Every post, Social Media is the best way to earn money online and Facebook is the Most popular website in the World, You can Join any where in the World and Get Earnings with Us
    Facebook Sharing, Facebook Wall Sharing and Earn with Jobz Corner
    jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute!! You look so happy!! For some reason I couldn't comment on your "life changes" post..but I just wanted to say I totally think you are doing the right thing!! Life is too short to be miserable sweetie..and as much as you love that art and all those beautiful paintings..they will never love you back. Ben & your family will, and will be there for you no matter what! I think with your passion, you could do anything! I think you'd make a wonderful art history teacher..spread some of that passion around to the kids in this world. YOu never know how much you could inspire someone, and that is an amazing feeling. Just know that whatever you do decide to do, it's the right thing to do if it's what's in your heart. Ok, back to nail polish..lol
    xoxo
    Ann-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now 1st time ever in Internet World, Facebook Earning program has been Launch, Now you Car earn money online with Just use Facebook and earn unlimited. Post a Picture on Facebook and Get $0.5 Dollar per Post, Unlimited Postings and Unlimited Earning.
    Share a Picture on Your Friends wall and Get Unlimited Income from home
    jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!