Friday, June 28, 2013

Waggin' Tail: Wagon Trail

When Ben was visiting I decided to bust out a favorite polish, long absent on my blog but never forgotten.




If you've been reading for a looooooong time you know of my love for this polish.  It's from 2008 (I acquired it in 2009--and my backup bottle in 2010), the fall Rodeo Diva collection--which I think is the best collection ever.  I cannot think of one color that I didn't like out of all twelve.  I know that some people have beef with Wagon Trail because it looks almost-black indoors, but look how it lights up in the sun.  Wagon Trail started my frenzy for all things olive--olive polishes, olive eyeshadows, olive skirts, olive dresses, olive button-downs--and I will love it forever because of that.  But the interesting thing about it is that it is not olive.  I think it just looks olive because of the gold and red (yes, red) shimmer in the black base.  What I think I'm saying is:


The formula is a little runny/early B3F weird-ish, but I'm okay with it.  For me it takes three coats to be satisfied with how it looks.  So to conclude:  Wagon Trail is amazing.

Tomorrow I'm off to Cleveland to go apartment hunting with Ben and to spend time with my family for the Fourth of July.  I won't be posting during my visit, and my Tess Collection post will be late this month because of that.  But look for a TC post when I return, and I'm sure I'll be updating you guys on all sorts of things soon.

And while I'm gone I expect everyone to buy themselves bottles of Wagon Trail.  Because you won't regret that.

Bye!

12 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip home. Apartment hunting - very exciting! I hope you find something you both love.

    I have long admired Wagon Trail and have no idea why I don't own a bottle or 2. This will have to be corrected ;-) thanks for the swatches.

    ~ Karli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karli! I got my first bottle on Amazon, so it's pretty easy to find. Or at least it used to be.

      Delete
  2. Okay I think I may need that polish! LOL Safe travels and good luck looking for apartments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lollllllllllllllllll Illusions Michael. lol love it. Wagon Trail and I didn't get along and I ended up swapping mine pretty quickly. Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you're not so much a fan of it. But at least you like OPI AYQAC ;) Gotta get your olive shimmer fix somewhere.

      Delete
  4. Have it on right now! It is one of my faves. That and ruby pumps. Just wondering, do you ever leave your nails bare? Curious!
    Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had my nails bare the other day, but only for about a day and a half. They just look weird naked to me...

      Delete
  5. Love it! I super love the color for I find it so classy and elegant. This is the nail color that I must try.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!