Monday, July 15, 2013

H&M Khaki Madness

Once again the little trinkets along the H&M checkout line sucked me in.  At first I thought there was nothing that I wanted on the nail polish rack, but as I rounded the corner I found one that struck my fancy.






When I saw Khaki Madness indoors it looked quite a bit darker than it actually is.  In sunlight it's a sparkly olive green with a lot of yellow to it.  It's basically a metallic shimmer, but despite that it wasn't too brushstroke-y.  The formula was very nice and I only needed two coats.  Also, I strangely like the color better in the shade than the sun (the shade picture is the one on the leopard background, which is also one of my miniskirts).  It looks a little more moody that way, and a bit like an old army green jacket that's been washed a few too many times.  It's a very nice color.

I also thought I would mention that in the above picture I'm wearing a Nivea Lip Butter on my lips that gives it a really nice milky pink tint.  The scent is "raspberry rose kiss," and it's very nice.  The container looks like this:


I got mine at CVS about two weeks ago, and so far I really like it.  I don't have an HG lip balm, so I'm always looking for new ones to try out.  This is one I definitely like.

I had a pretty nice weekend.  On Saturday I took myself on one long me-date.  I went to see The Heat in the morning (liked it), went to H&M and Sephora, and then I saw the Punk show at The Met.  Which was super crowded, but pretty much worth it.  I had a lot of trouble sleeping on Saturday night and was pretty exhausted Sunday, but I still found the energy to go downtown and sit with a friend while he got tattooed.  We had pizza afterward, so, win.  It was a nice couple of days, but I'm still feeling a little out of sorts, either from a weird sleeping schedule or still having a little cold.  Either way, I need sleep.  I am not happy it's Monday.

That's all for today.  I feel like lately H&M has really upped their game, nail polish-wise.  They have some interesting colors, and I even like the bottles they use...even though they're hard to hold for photographs.

K, hope you all are having fantastic days...despite the whole Monday thing.

6 comments:

  1. I love that type of colour - this is right up my street!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a ton of them at a couple H&Ms I went to, so they should be around :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, pretty! Do want.

    Me-dates are the best. Until you have to pee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lip butters are everything. I have that one and caramel kiss or whatever it's called.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try the macadamia nut one. Vanilla and macadamia? I don't remember. But I do totally love the texture of these. Not too thick not too thin...

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!