Friday, August 09, 2013

Funky Fingers Mood Ring

My fiance really likes watches.  This is relevant because one day last week we were in a plaza that had a jewelry store in it.  He pulled up and said, "I'm going in to check out their watches."  I looked at my surroundings and noticed a Five Below just a couple stores down.  "Okay," I said.  "I'm just going to pop into that store down there, then..."  That is how I acquired Mood Ring along with several other 3 for $5 polishes.








The color of this one just screams summer to me.  It reminds me of mermaid tails and the ocean.  Also sometimes the name of a polish just suits it so well I can't even stand it; that applies here.  I always remember that when I was a kid and I begged my mom to get me mood rings from Claire's and the like they always remained that sort of medium-toned sparkly blue (because I think that's the color that corresponds with one's resting body temperature, right?).  That beautiful metallic blue color is in the base color of this duochrome polish, along with a more of a green-y-teal and maybe a golden color.  

I included that last picture there because different types of light were hitting different fingers and you can really see the duochrome in action.  That lovely blue color is there on my pointer finger, and then the green/gold is popping out on my ring finger.  Plus my eye looks kind of awesome.  I can't remember what lip color I was wearing, but I think it was Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Celestial (more on that to come at a later date).  Anyway, the formula on this one was fine.  It was a tiny bit brushstroke-y, but not too bad.  I used three coats.  Just like my last manicure with Maybelline Poolside, this one lasted a whopping five days without a single chip.  This has happened to me a couple times in the past month, so I feel confident in chalking it up to NYC Grand Central Station topcoat.  LADIES:  If you don't have that polish you need to RUN, not walk, to a drug store and throw down the $1.99 for it.  It's not quite as shiny as Seche Vite and it doesn't dry quite as quickly, but it wears like iron and really protects your polish.  I'm convinced; it's the end-all-be-all of topcoats for me.

Anyway, I'm glad I was able to get this post up!  The rest of the month is going to be totally bonkers for me.  I've been traveling with Ben for work, just keeping him company and trying to relax.  We've also been binge watching The Sopranos (it's our first time!) and just generally...being.  It's a nice feeling.  Today I'm going to the lake to hopefully get in some major kayaking.  I've been out of the gym for a long time and I'm starting to get worried about my fat.  Then next week we move into our place!  Soon after that I'm taking a trip with my mom and auntie to go to a family wedding, and then immediately following that baby Remy kitty comes home.  Things--they are a-changin'.  I'm just trying to be confident that it'll work out and that I made the right choice to come home.  

But at least my nails look good.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Steph,

    I hope you enjoy your travels! Love the photo where your eyes match your nails :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish they sold those around here but it doesnt matter since I have no nails atm. Enjoy your time getting settled back home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can send you some!

      I'll have to get you my new address once I'm settled. E-mail forthcoming ;)

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!