Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Style Steel

This time I actually did go to Walgreens for something makeup-related and totally necessary:  under eye concealer (Rimmel Match Perfection, holla) and makeup removal wipes.  So that day I had a totally legit reason to be wandering around the makeup displays and such.  I very nearly walked away without any nail polish, but then I spotted the autumn Insta-Dris.






I ended up picking up one from the collection, Style Steel.  I'm not quite sure how to describe it; it looks like a champagne shimmer/foil, but it does have some pink to it.  It's a bit complex when you see it in person, and that's why I gravitated toward it.  I put OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls on my ring fingers, just to switch up finishes.  I like how the polishes ended up looking together.  The formula on Style Steel was really flawless.  It probably could have been a one-coater, but I did two anyway.  I think this is a nice polish for fall, probably winter, and hey, maybe even the end of summer.  It feels light and airy but also festive.  So, good job, Sally.  The other one that caught my attention from this collection was Chop Chop Copper, but upon inspection it looked like I might have a dupe for it somewhere...?  Anyway, I gave it a pass but that one would have been super autumn appropriate.  

Guys, I really don't want summer to end.  I spent most of my summer in a windowless office building.  I know a lot of people can probably say the same, but I really feel like I didn't get the opportunity to enjoy it.  I do love fall; it's definitely my favorite season, and I get more excited about Halloween than a grown-ass woman should.  But I hope that summery weather will continue to hold on for the next few weeks.  When autumn does happen, I will fully embrace it.  But until then I'm going to wear short skirts with no tights, strapless dresses, eschew the now utterly ubiquitous pumpkin spice latte and suck down that damn iced coffee, and eat ice cream outside.  I know that Labor Day is the unofficial end to the summer, but I say screw that.  And who better to signify the summer (and its near-end) than our old dear friend Mr. Tastee?


Bring me a Blue Tornado Bar to eat in the sun and I'll be happy.  Let summer live on!  I'll wave goodbye in three weeks.

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to go buy this color. I'm also a little tripped out that MBSW looks like a pastel blue on your ring finger O_o. I'm really tempted by the copper Instadry also. I have a thing for golds and coppers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, maybe it was just the light that made MBSW look blue-ish. Now that I look back at the pictures, you're right; it totally does. Huh.

      Delete
  2. I am so the opposite of you because summer was just a bag of crap for me. I am hoping this move and fall bring the very best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I hope fall brings good things for you too. My summer was rough, but I'm just not ready to let it go yet. Really I'm just not ready for winter :(

      Delete
  3. Over here in So Cal, it is still summer so screw the "no-white-after-Labor-Day rule," I'm going to the beach later this week! No sweaters for me until Christmas. Nice nail color, you rock it girl!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! "No sweaters til Christmas" should be your tagline.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!