Sunday, September 08, 2013

SinfulShine Pragmatic

I went through a period a few weeks back where I decided that I needed a bunch of these SinfulShine polishes.  I showed you Alfresco sort of recently, which I was wearing on the day that I got The Epic Sunburn of 2013.  I had kind of forgotten about Pragmatic, which sat in my makeup bag (for some reason?) for a couple weeks before I finally decided to give it a spin.






Remy loves nail polish bottles

wearing Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss lipstick in #107 (GREAT color, awful wear-time, especially for a matte)

Pragmatic is a lavender polish that has a fine, pearly shimmer running through it that's actually visible in the bottle and on the nail.  In some lights this shade leans blue, in some lights (and in most of my photos) it's a bit pinker.  The formula was very nice, and I used three coats here.  I could have used two, I think, but I wanted to see what kind of a difference a third coat would make (not much).  This polish is starting to chip as I type this, so I think I got about four days of wear out of it with NYC Grand Central Station.  I do like the color a lot; it's very happy.  You too can slather this happy shade on your nails for only $2.99 and a visit to your local Walgreens.

Have you guys run across any of the Wet n Wild Fantasy Makers stuff in drug stores yet?  I've seen a bunch of the 2013 collection Rite-Aids and a local chain, Drug Mart.  There's a neon nail polish collection as well as the requisite tombstone polishes, and some neat eyeshadow duos that come with falsies, a lipstick, and a little nail polish.  God, I love Halloween.  I'm trying to resist them because IT'S STILL SUMMER, but I'm still excited about them.  Drug store hopping:  my favorite pastime.  

To end I'll ask:  does anyone have a favorite shade from the SinfulShine line?  Remy seemed to like Pragmatic, as you can see above.  He's doing well, by the way.  I just had to cut his claws for the first time myself yesterday and he wasn't really having it.  After several failed attempts including doing it while he was dead asleep (he woke up immediately) and wrapping him in a blanket, I finally discovered that if I did them one at a time with a few minutes in between, and gave him many kisses and snuggles and "good boy"s, he would let me do it.  I think he just likes the attention and he had to make me work for it.  What an adorable little jerk.  He was starting to climb my pants, and that's really not something I want while I have a mascara wand precariously close to my eyeball.  Kittens are the best/worst.

Okay, I'm out.  Have a good week!

10 comments:

  1. Woman! I would love to see your lipstick collection, lol. Can I borrow your kitten for like 5 years? Also Halloween is THE best. The other day I went to our local Rite Aid because I probably wont see one for awhile once we move and ALL of their Halloweeen makeup/polishes are out. I may go back before I leave and buy. I am so ready for the fall. :) -L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a lot of lipstick. I went kind of crazy trying to find a dark berry shade that I feel like I can wear all through fall. At first I thought the Rimmel #107 would be *the one.* But I haven't been able to get the wear to be decent on me. I'm going to keep trying. Milani Sangria and Revlon BalmStain Crush are also contenders...

      Halloween forever!

      Delete
  2. JEALOUS. none of the Halloween stuff has shown up here yet, and the closest Rite Aid is 40 minutes away (I looked it up the other day). I have so so so many Halloween things I'm wanting. Halloween is my favorite holiday, hands down.
    Remy is so adorable! I'm kitten sitting atm, and he's a climber so we had to get the kitten claw covers for him bc yeah. Climbing is not cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I considered claw covers for Remy. We tried them with Raven and had mixed results. He's actually not much of a climber (aside from my pant legs and, recently, my shirts (he'll climb onto my shoulder if I'm sitting on the ground), which is actually characteristic of the breed! They don't like to climb so much as play on the ground. Sometimes I do worry about my shower curtain, though...

      Delete
  3. I really love this shade and while it's summer looking I think you can wear it through early fall esp since it's been soooo frigging hot where you are - were I live it's always warm through fall - it's usually when we get out hottest weather of the whole yr...I would so pull this out for a toe shade dead of winter when no one sees my toes but me and anyone around my house when it's well heated and I am not wrapped in soxs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty warm here, yeah! Sadly now it's really starting to cool down.

      I wear whatever I want on my toes all the time! Although it's usually a boring nude color.

      Delete
  4. Remy is adorable, first of all. Makes me want a kitten! (well almost - then I remember what kittens are like and think, maybe not...)

    I'm in Texas and it's still super-hot here (unless it's raining, in which case it's just steamy and full of mosquitoes) so I am trying to wait a little longer before I haul out the fall shades. That probably means around October 1st whether it's actually cooled off any or not! I have a bunch of stuff I've been saving up for fall, too.

    I haven't gotten a good look at the Sinful Shine colors yet. I'm pretty sure my Walgreen's has them but I've mostly been trying to stay out of there, since I can't seem to keep myself from buying a bunch of stuff when I go! Pragmatic looks really pretty, though.

    I haven't been in anyplace that has all the Halloween stuff out yet, although a couple of places seemed to be on the verge of putting it out this week. Really I can't wait, I love Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remy is actually a shockingly well behaved kitten. I can leave him home alone (with most of the doors to bedrooms closed) for a couple hours at a time and he just sleeps and doesn't destroy anything. The "worst" thing that he does is probably go wackadoo just as we're going to sleep.

      I would love if it stayed somewhat warm all the way through September this year. We're getting married in late September next year, and I'm hoping for 65 and sunny... :) fingers crossed.

      Delete
  5. It was 100 degrees in eastern Iowa today - actually, hotter here than in San Antonio, where I used to live. This summer has been crazy - flooding in June, followed by drought, cooler than average until a few weeks ago, and now record setting heat....

    Anyway - love this color, and Remy is a real cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's been a weird summer, weather-wise. New York was spring-like for most of June and the beginning of July, and then all of a sudden it was a total sauna. Ack.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!