Wednesday, October 02, 2013

OPI Mat-adore Red or: BELIEVELAND

LADIES.  Do you have any idea how difficult it is to be a Cleveland sports fan?  It's tough.  With the Indians, sometimes we're awful.  Sometimes we're good.  Sometimes we're so good that we almost make it (at the 1997 World Series we lost in game 7; sometimes you'll still hear it discussed in hushed tones...or not-so-hushed tones...in random bars and restaurants around town).  This year we started strong, had a pretty crappy lag in the middle, and then game back with a bang.  I'm not going to be at the wild card game tonight against Tampa Bay, but Tribe fans have been encouraged to wear red.  So here I am, wearin' red.


my topcoat bubbled like MAD, ugh



Mat-adore Red is from the 2001 World collection.  It's red.  I mean, there's not that much to say about it.  It's a blue-based red creme.  The formula was fine...maybe a little thin.  I did two coats here.  I actually don't have a lot of red in my wardrobe (even though I think it looks great on me), so I kind of had to come at it with my nails.  I'm going to be so excited if the Indians win tonight, but if they don't...I'll love them anyway.  And I'll be there in the spring to cheer them on.

To conclude:

It's true!  And we are.

Okay, I'm done being a CLE fanatic now.  Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. I just LOVE these kinds of red...they are so JUMMY :-)
    How did th Indians do, did the polish help??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The polish...did not help.

      :(

      It's okay, though. Next year!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear the polish didn't help! (I live on the outskirts of Houston, we have the same kind of problems. So I totally sympathize.)

    Also, 2001? That's a very pretty red, and I started to say "I've never even heard of that one" but I didn't pay any attention to OPI until at least a couple of years after that, so I guess that explains it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't pay attention to OPI until WAY after that. Someone gifted this polish, along with several other OPIs, to me a couple years ago.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!