Monday, October 07, 2013

OPI OPI Ink

Ugh, guys.  The Indians lost.  I was so bummed!  Even though the game was pretty painful I still watched the whole thing; half at a bar, and half alone in my living room, still wearing my Indians cap.  But, as we say here in the CLE...there's always next year!  I decided after my red manicure that I needed something vampy, so I pulled out a polish from the 2007 OPI Night Brights Collection, OPI Ink.  







I was so happy to have gotten two color-accurate pictures of this polish:  the very first one and the very last one.  OPI Ink is an indigo that leans to the blue side packed with pink shimmer.  But when it's in bright sunlight or on camera it reads as very purple.  I didn't do any color correction on the images, so that's why it looks so purple most of the time.  But sometimes you can see the blue creeping in around the edges.  It's definitely a stunner.  The formula was a little bit runny and thin because it's an early B3F, but I managed it fine.  I had to use three coats to get rid of any VNL.  I think it looks nice on my short nails and I loved wearing it.  I'm glad I pulled it out of the back of my Helmer.  I've had this polish forever and worn it before, but never blogged about it.  Good decision.

I'll only have one more post going up this week, on Friday.  On Thursday afternoon I'm off to Massachusetts to visit Sam.  I'll only be gone for a couple days, but I'm definitely looking forward to it. She has planned all kinds of fun things to do, including a trip to Salem, which I've heard is completely abuzz and amazing this close to Halloween.  And as you all know, if there's one thing I absolutely love it's kittens.  If there are two things I absolutely love, Halloween would take second place.  But not by much.

Okay, I'm out of here.  Anyone else love OPI Ink?  Did anyone get the suede version?  It didn't have as much dimension as the original, I think.

8 comments:

  1. I love this polish too. It is beautiful and brings compliments for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice. I always forget about older polishes like this one.

      Delete
  2. Ive had this polish so long that the sticker on it is yellow and gummy. It really is pretty and have fun in Salem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a fab shade - I need to look for where mine is - my stash is so disorganized...I had it all sorted and now needs a total re-do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about the Indians; next time do as we dutchies do...cover yourself in red (we drench ourselves in orange) perhaps that will help ;-)
    Love Ink....so beautiful with the shimmer, very good decision indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Indians almost always choke somehow, but I love 'em anyway.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!