Friday, October 11, 2013

Shopping My Stash: Wet n Wild Buffy the Violet Slayer

Hey guys!  Welcome to our second Shopping My Stash post, a collaboration with Rach of stuff i (s)watched where we explore unused polishes of yesteryear that have been languishing in Helmers, makeup drawers, and other sad, sad places.  This month our theme was "Halloweenie," and I really struggled to find a Halloween-themed polish that I haven't already used.  I tend to buy Halloween stuff and then immediately put it on my hands because I'm so obsessed with that holiday.  But I found one (and it is [almost] cheating).










This is Wet n Wild Buffy the Violet Slayer, and it is an electric purple shimmer that I'm sort of shocked is a drug store polish.  It's that striking.  I'm also pleased to say that the only picture that came out too blue is the one of my hand by my face.  The other photos are color accurate.  Buffy is a very pinky-purple, and I like that in bright sunlight the pink and blue shimmer that give the polish its color are completely visible.  Very pretty!  It came in one of the round Wet n Wild bottles, which I hadn't seen in at least a year...that is, before Wet n Wild released some texture polishes (I blogged about one here).  This polish is from early 2011.  The stem on the brush is very short, but I quite liked the brush itself.  It was easy to work with and fanned out nicely on the nail.  The formula was a bit thin, and I used three coats.  

I said up there that this polish is almost-cheating for our Halloween theme, and if you're a Buffy fan you know why.  In the Buffyverse, Halloween is the one night a year when things are quiet (supposedly).  Of course in each of the Halloween episodes shenanigans ensue; my favorite one of those episodes is "Fear, Itself" from season 4.  Here are a few reasons why:

this

this


THIS 
(I just love Oz's God costume)

Ah, it's a great episode with a hilarious ending.  And I'm always down for Giles in a sombrero.  

To end the post, here's a bonus picture of Remy voicing his displeasure when I was taking pictures out on the balcony and he was left inside, looking out the screen door:

HALP

Alright, that's all.  Yesterday I flew to New England to visit my friend Sam and I'll be gone for a few days.  I will return with many pictures, I'm sure.  Make sure you check out Rach's post over on stuff, and I'll talk to you all when I get back from my trip!

6 comments:

  1. The Wet n Wild polishes are fabulous I wish they would sell them here in the UK great post :)
    http://sassylittlenails37.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My holiday traditions are watching the Buffy Halloween episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, you're in for it! I have a male Maine Coon - also super friendly and super social - and he does NOT like being excluded from anything! And never grew out of it. Remy is SO DARN CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I heard Maine Coons are lovely. They're so big! And I love their sort of wild-looking faces and the little pointy fur on their ears.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!