Monday, October 28, 2013

Sinful Colors Black Magic

I am of the opinion that Sinful Colors has a really difficult time naming Halloween-themed polishes.  This is the third Sinful polish that I have called Black Magic.  This is also the best of the three.  






This version of Black Magic is a dense charcoal glitter with round, orange glitter peppered throughout.  It's not super opaque on its own, but it would probably make a good layering polish.  I did three coats  and was pretty satisfied with how it looked.  I did two coats of topcoat to smooth it out.  The formula was actually runnier than I'm used to for a glitter, but it was manageable.  I'm still seeing this at Walgreens whenever I go, so I think it should be easy to find.  

So, last week it snowed.  Yes friends, on October 24th Cleveland had its first snowfall.  And no, it wasn't just some flurries.  Behold:

Ugh.  Stop.

That didn't stop us from throwing a little Halloween bash on Saturday.  As you know, Halloween is my very favorite holiday, so I was pumped to decorate our apartment, make food, and have people in costumes over.  Also I carved this pumpkin:

It was supposed to be a mummy.  It looks...okay?  Remy wasn't impressed.

We got a punch bowl (and I made a really awesome punch including pomegranate juice, orange juice, seltzer, and plenty of rum; the pomegranate juice made it blood red), and Remy immediately decided it was his home and that he would bop any intruders right on the head.  Don't worry.  We washed the punch bowl before putting punch in it.

I got a Cinderella costume at the end of September.  Ben wanted me to be something girly, so this is what I picked.  Then I decided that was a little boring so I did some makeup and went as dead Cinderella.  I think it turned out pretty nicely.

And here's a little family photo I took the morning after the party.  Yes I wear a sleep mask.  Remy likes to have cuddle time every morning and we are only too happy to oblige.

I think that I will probably go as something with less involved makeup for actual Halloween.  But all I'm doing that day is helping my parents pass out candy to trick-or-treaters (which I love doing and can't do at my apartment).  I'll be sure to snap a picture of whatever I decide to do.  Ben and I are currently watching episodes of Tales from the Crypt, and I love having excuses to watch things like this.  Halloween!  It's the best.  

That's all for today.  I'll try to get another post up before Thursday because I think I have at least one other seasonally appropriate polish to show you.  Until then, happy Monday!

9 comments:

  1. Love the undead Cinderella makeup! You've given me some inspiration for what to do with my eyes. I wanted spooky but not all black & white. Autumn is my favorite season and Halloween, well - it's Halloween! What's not to like?

    ~ Karli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, awesome. I'm glad I gave you inspiration. I used mostly the ELF Ursula palette (which you can still find at Walgreens) and one deep purple from the Coastal Scents 88 Warm Palette. I've never done dead makeup before, so I was pretty pleased with it.

      Delete
  2. I'm wearing Black Magic right now. I really like it, though I want to try layering it over black.

    And the mummy on your pumpkin reminds me of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should mention that. Here's what I said when I posted that very same picture of the pumpkin and Remy on my Facebook on October 26:

      "I carved this pumpkin that's supposed to look like a mummy, but somehow it looks like a Ninja Turtle/Sonic the Hedgehog hybrid. Remy doesn't even know what to think."

      Great minds!

      Delete
  3. I could really get down on a winged liner tutorial, your eyes are always on point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! It's not too difficult. My first trick is that I, for the most part, stay away from liquid liner unless I'm feeling ambitious. I use one of the felt-tip pen ones (I like the one from Jordana). It gives me a lot more control and it's a little less forgiving than straight-up liquid.

      Delete
  4. Keep the kitty pics coming!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I have an endless supply ;)

      Delete
  5. For halloween Sinful colors has the To die for collection. The link for that will be down below at the end of this picture. I did 2 coats on my RIGHT hand. On a side note, I do not understand why my nails cannot grow at the same rate. :c Any way, Black Magic is a wonderful black and orange glittery polish in a clear base.Thanks for sharing this lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!