Thursday, October 31, 2013

Wet n Wild Ghoul Time OR: It's Halloween!

I can't believe it's Halloween already.  I look forward to today all year every year, and it comes too soon (sounds like I'm a normal-ish person talking about "THE HOLIDAYS," doesn't it?).  Today I have a few errands to run, including getting the catalytic converter on our little Nissan replaced because, after being only four years old, the thing has literally rusted off of the car.  I'm pretty pissed off about it, but luckily it's covered by a federal mandate since the car's under 80,000 miles.  Anyway, I also plan on watching the movie Fun Size, both because it's Halloween-y, and also because they shot it in the Coventry neighborhood of Cleveland Heights, aka right outside my apartment window.  Seriously, their set lights kept me up for weeks because they only shot at night.  My street was decorated for Halloween in July and it was the weirdest thing ever.  I decided that it's finally time to watch it.  After that, I'm going to dress up for for trick or treat and head over to my parents' to help them hand out candy (yaaaaay!  Not many New Yorkers had a Halloween last year because of Hurricane Sandy, so I'm excited to make up for lost time).  I also did a little themed manicure.







This is Wet n Wild Ghoul Time (which...is this an extension of their tv show-named polishes?  Like a Home Improvement reference?  I don't know), and it's amazing.  First of all, I paid 99 cents for this.  It is part of the Neon Clairvoyance collection.  I bought this in September when I wasn't willing to let summer go, and now I'm so glad that I did.  This little guy is a neon lime green with gold microshimmer; good formula, too.  I only needed two coats.

To play off the name a little I added a little ghoul to my ring fingers.  I'm nothing if not lazy when it comes to this type of thing, so I just used a bobby pin to make the various dots, and boom.  Done.  The black is NYC Black Lace Creme and the white is OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  I think my little ghoul is pretty cute, so I'm happy with it.  

Okay, that's all.  I hope that everyone has a fun (and safe) Halloween, and I'll talk to you in November. I have some good stuff lined up to show you (and give you!!!), so stay tuned.

1 comment:

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!