Monday, November 18, 2013

Butter London Two Fingered Salute

Once my last manicure of MAC Formidable! chipped I didn't know what to wear.  I have a few new polishes to try out, but I'm not super excited by any of them.  I was thinking that I haven't gotten a polish in forever that I'm just giddy over.  Like, it's been since July.  I was fondly recalling when I stumbled upon Butter London Two Fingered Salute during my very last trip to Ricky's on 5th and 34th in NYC.  Then I remembered the unthinkable:  I hadn't worn it yet even though I was really excited about it.  I fixed that immediately.









This one is a sage green base with copper shimmer/glitter that flashes pink in low light.  It is everything and I love it.  I splurged to buy it way back in July, and now I'm really glad I did.  I think I did two coats here.  The formula actually reminded me of a Rescue Beauty Lounge polish; thick, but still workable with a small brush.  I loved wearing this one even though it only lasted a couple days on me before chipping.  

Another reason I love this polish is because it reminds me of:

Still makes me laugh.

In other news, the time has come that I actually have to start planning my wedding.  My mom and I had a meeting with a caterer on Friday and we're seeing another one today.  And now I think I'm changing my colors from my original idea of very simple black and white.  All of this is a lot to think about it and it's overwhelming me, but I'm liking flipping through magazines.  

I'd like to hear about your weddings and any good ideas (that you don't mind sharing) in the comments.  What colors you had, any cute decor ideas...etc.  It would be helpful!

Alright everyone, hope you have a nice Monday.

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE this on you. I need to pull it back out again soon!

    Um well, you're ahead of me LOL. We think we have a venue chosen but are waiting to tour it in the spring so we'll know what it looks like around wedding time. So there's that. We're still pretty steadfast on navy & mint for colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might be way ahead of you, but I'm getting married at least half a year before you, right? I thought you were doing spring of 2015?

      Delete
  2. Love this one but never picked it up and Bonus for Spike rolling up at the end. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also I got married in 1999 so this may be of no help to you but I got married in March and my colors were Navy and Silver with a touch of peach(because my mom wouldnt leave me alone about it) We tried keeping it simple but you know how mothers can be sometimes. Just be sure to do what YOU AND BEN want, not someone else. This is YOUR wedding. Promise me that you will focus on that LOL-L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of navy, but I ended up changing my mind. I'm doing that a lot.

      No matter how many times I try to assert that it's my wedding, a lot of the time it doesn't matter. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

      Delete
  4. I have been LUSTING after this polish for probably a year now. And this post may be the push I need to splurge and pick it up. Gorgeous and awesome swatches as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this one is really pretty. It didn't disappoint me.

      Delete
  5. I've never been married, but I have worked at a large event planning company for three years now, so I feel like somewhat of a wedding expert. I could definitely lend a hand in figuring out what works or not, if you need the help! One event that I worked that immediately sticks out in my head for you was a rehearsal dinner we did at a local art gallery/warehouse. All of the tables were assigned an artist, and the flowers and decor for that table were designed around that artist's style. It was insanely cool, I'll see if I can find some pictures to send to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds neat :) The theme of my wedding is probably going to be something like travel (maybe?) because of the venue, but barring that, we'll probably just do an apple/autumn theme because we had our engagement photos in an apple orchard.

      Delete
  6. I love this polish. I bought it several months ago and love wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it'll get it out again soon. Maybe make it matte!

      Delete
  7. my colours are eggplant and grey and some ivory thrown in there to lighten things up. i'm actually getting married on the same day as you... twinsie brides! hahaha.

    good luck with the planning, it can definitely get stressful but it's also a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's a good day to get married (I chose it because it was my grandparents' anniversary, which I probably mentioned).

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!