Wednesday, November 20, 2013

China Glaze Rendezvous With You

Do you guys remember that one China Glaze fall collection from like, maybe 2009?  I think it was called Retro Diva.  Anyway, it was pretty meh.  Mostly metallic-y frosty shades, and almost all of them warm colors.  Not to be a brat, but I actually kind of feel that way about Autumn Nights from this fall.  I didn't see anything particularly exciting (aside from the rosy gold shade, Strike Up A Cosmo, but I don't think that would look good on me), so I didn't think much about the collection.  Beyond Polish ended up sending me one, Rendezvous With You, and you know what?  I actually really like it.







You know what's annoying?  The tiny bit of cuticle flooding on my middle finger that I didn't notice, AS WELL AS the ITTY BITTY SPECK of polish on the same cuticle that is invisible to the naked eye, but in pictures is like OH HEY.  Sigh.  Okay, anyway, Rendezvous With You is a really interesting smoky purple foil.  The base of this polish is straight up silver, so that's where the smokiness comes from.  But there's also some pink shimmer in it, which warms it up a bit.  The really nice thing about foils like these is that they're insanely pigmented.  I used one coat here and was decently satisfied.  I used a bobby pin and added some Mingle With Kringle dots to the tips of my nails, just to make things more interesting.  If you like purple, I do recommend Rendezvous With You.  It's interesting enough to warrant owning, and it's very pretty for fall.  Also, one coat?  Sign me up.

I didn't get to take a picture of Remy with the bottle or anything, so to make up for it here he is watching the Ragdoll episode of Too Cute at like 3 in the morning:


I know.  It's pretty much too cute.

That's all for today.  I probably won't get to post anymore this week, but I'll try to update on Monday with what I wore for my birthday.  I'm thinking of switching it up this year (GASP), so I'll let you know what I decide on.  I remember when I turned 25 I was a little depressed, and I'm feeling that again this year.  I just don't feel like I'm where I want to be in life, and I'm struggling to get there and to be satisfied.  Don't get me wrong; I'm way way way happier back in Ohio than I was in New York, but things aren't quite how I want them to be yet, job-wise (read:  I don't have one and it's really hard to get one...but I keep trying).  I feel a lot of pressure--some from outside sources and a lot from myself--so I'm definitely struggling.  So yeah.  Birthdays.  They're...somethin'.

I hope there's cake.

[These polishes sent for review by Beyond Polish.  The opinions expressed are my own.]

14 comments:

  1. I love the dots! And that dang macro will ALWAYS magnify little flaws that are otherwise imperceptible. *shakes fist*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combo of purple and gold. So lux!
    Happy birthday ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always like purple and gold together, too.

      Delete
  3. Well happy Birthday and oooh your nails are getting long! -L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rendezvous With You looks so very autumny (is that a word?) and lush! Have a very happy birthday: Happy happy, joy joy! Remeber count your blessings and focus on all the wonderfull things you do have in your life (which hopefully constitutes of a cake as well ;-) )!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a word now!

      I try to count my blessings. My mom basically tells me to do that all the time (in a different way), so it's something I'm working on.

      Delete
  5. I know all the frosts were CRAP from that collection, but the foils were ah-mah-zing! but coming from me that statement should be expected. oh, and thanks to you I just went out and bought 3 bottles of mingle with kringle. I'm not ashamed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty great. I should do an actual comparison of Mingle and Dazzled By Gold. I think DBG has more silver in it than Mingle, but they still seem pretty damn close.

      Delete
  6. Love it! It looks so classy and I find it perfect for everyday wear. Love the dots too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is indeed a TOO cute kitty picture! And love this shade on you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!