Monday, November 25, 2013

OPI Dazzled By Gold: I Had A Birthday

Welp, I had a birthday yesterday.  It was a nice one.  We hit up the Cleveland Flea on Saturday, Ben took me to dinner Saturday night, and then yesterday my mom took me shopping and we all had Indian food and ate cake.  A success.  True to tradition, I wore OPI Dazzled By Gold.  But I actually used it as a topper this year for China Glaze Igniting Love, which I think is at least one of my top three favorite releases from 2013.  It's such a great red.





Gorgeous, right?  At one coat Dazzled By Gold is sheer enough to be used as a bit of icing, so I decided to switch it up a bit.  This is two coats Igniting Love, one coat Dazzled By Gold.  I also trimmed my nails and I like them so much better this length--although I've been letting them grow long pretty often.

Last week I got a special sweater from Target and decided to wait until my birthday to wear it.


Target sweater here (on sale now!)

I really couldn't resist the prospect of wearing cake.  And I was totally delighted by it all day.

Oh, you also may have noticed that I have way less hair than I used to.  It used to be down to my waist-ish, but I just got sick of it.  It took years for me to get sick of it, but I did.  I got about eight inches cut off and it's a pretty big change.  Also I guess I'm doing side-bangs now?  Here's a picture from right after I got it cut (so it's ideal, style-wise):


So yeah, very different for me.  But I like it a lot.  It felt good to get rid of all that extra hair and to look a little different for a change. 

Anyway.  My mom took me to Anthropologie and Sephora, and I ended up getting a sweater and also the UD Vice 2 palette (!!!!!!!!!!! SO excited about that).  She also picked a few polishes up for me, which was very nice of her.  Also my parents got me a cake that had so many candles on it that it looked like it was on fire in this picture:

WATCH OUT.  This is serious.

Overall it was a very nice weekend.  EXCEPT.

Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while may remember my little friend Raven.  

(I just love this picture)

Raven is sick.  He's very sick.  I guess the other day he wouldn't stop vomiting, and it got so bad that he has been staying at the emergency animal hospital for a couple days.  He had to be on fluids and anti-nausea medication.  Finally he would eat when hand-fed.  He's very timid and shy and just generally terrified around most people, so he wouldn't go to the front of his cage himself to eat his food :(  It breaks my heart that he had to stay there by himself.  But my mom was calling to check on him all weekend, and he's coming home tomorrow.  He has pancreatitis, and I'm sort of unclear on the prognosis and what his life might be like after this.  My mom told me yesterday to "prepare for the worst."  It's hard.  He's only 6 and he's just the nicest, sweetest cat.  He loves to be petted and talked to softly, and he never hisses or bites or anything.  He just gives you tiny little meows and very big purrs.  I'm really hoping that he'll be okay.  It did put a bit of a cloud over my weekend, knowing that he was in an unfamiliar place, in pain and scared.  What is it with my cats lately?  I'm glad that Remy is okay, but now I have this other guy to worry about.

Send good thoughts our way.  We might need them.

That's all for today.  I hope everyone had a nice weekend, and I'll talk to you later in the week.

15 comments:

  1. I love love love your hair! And perfect birthday mani =)

    Oh no! Sending you and Raven all the good thoughts ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated. My hair says thanks.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about Raven's illness, and it did put a cloud over your birthday weekend... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's much better now. I'll update on that in my next post.

      Delete
  3. I don't know if it's much different with cats, but my dog had pancreatitis after he had surgery to remove a plastic bag from his intestine (which was an ordeal in itself), and while it was a scary experience, he's perfectly fine now. It's not a chronic condition in the sense that it bothers them all the time, but once they've gotten it, they're more likely to get it again. So, the usual treatment would just be to withhold food for 24 hours until his pancreas can CTFD, but if it's really bad, it's not possible to withhold food for long enough (because obviously you don't want to starve the little guy) it requires hospitalization and IV feeding (because that way you can provide nutrition without triggering the pancreas). Our little guy is totally fine now - we just have to be very careful about his diet, especially that he doesn't eat anything particularly fatty (e.g. we give him raw veggies for treats, but table scraps, or even so much as a french fry, are out of the question). I hope your little guy will make a similar recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a gorgeous birthday manicure and your haircut looks great!! Plus I love the cupcake sweater; I may have to snag one.
    I'm sorry to hear about Raven. My kitty friends and I will be sending good thoughts your way and hope that he recovers!
    Happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cupcake sweater was such a pleasant surprise when I found it at Target.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! Love the colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday. This combo was so cute and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow; love the hair, love Igniting Love big time, love the sweater and how excited you can be about bold images on clothes :-) Sending you a bunch of good thoughts: hope Raven is going to bounce back from his pancreatitis!!

    ReplyDelete


  8. Partnership Enquiry
    Sponsor you!!!!


    Hi ,
    I have visited your blog for a while and I found it full of fashion element,very cool. You tell us the life bit by bit. Your thoughts and opinions on fashion and life style are very unique. It has attracted me deeply. And I really like it, especially your post about dress style and your opinions of life style. You are very beautiful, No matter what you wear, you have a kind of irresistible beauty.

    Our website, Sammydress.com, is a fast growing online retailer offering high quality products at amazing prices. There are many various clothes, bags, ect.

    I'm wondering if you are interested in launching a giveaway campaign on your blog with us together. And We are very happy to give you gift card, you can buy anything you want ,and write a review after you receive our product,or give it to one of your blog readers through some game or lottery.

    Please let me know if you are interested.

    Believe your promotion has a great effect on us.



    Best,
    Lily
    lilysammydress@gmail.com
    or,
    sammydress_lily@live.com

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!