Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Haul Out the Holly

Since it's December (which, what?  I can't believe it) I decided to start out the month with some red and green, and I had the bright idea to do a gradient.  I don't have a good track record with them, but I tried anyway.  Sadly I forgot that green and red actually make BROWN when mixed together, but I think it looks okay anyway.  





That lip color is one of the new Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balms called Striking.  Listen, if you guys like mattes you need to get these.  I've read mixed reviews on them being "patchy" but they actually take very little effort to apply and they're brilliant.  If you liked the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains (which are the BEST), then you'll like these too.

As with several of my other "gradients," this shit looks better from far away.  I'm okay with that, though!  It's festive enough.  The two colors I used were OPI Jinx (my first textured polish and far and away my favorite textured polish) and Sinful Colors Emerald Envy, which is part of the new Crystal Crushes collection, all textured polishes as well.  Emerald Envy is a very pretty bright green with gold glitter.  When I first saw it in the store I thought it looked more like a St. Patrick's Day green, but paired with Jinx I think it reads Christmas.

I have a few sads about the holidays.  Because my grandma isn't here.  I've been thinking about her a lot lately.  But I'm sort of excited, too.  I love Christmas and I love being able to give gifts and see friends.  We had some people over last Saturday to wear ugly sweaters and watch Christmas Vacation, so that was nice.  I made eggnog for the first time, wore a Santa hat, and generally had a fun time.  So yeah, I'm looking forward to having more times like that in the coming weeks.

To end, here's Remy.  Because he's the best.


Oh, also, I just watched the "mid-season finale" of The Walking Dead, and holy hell.  The season finally got kind of decent, amirite?  I just wish The Governor had kept his apocalypse hair and beard, because the weird haircut they always give him makes him look like a mental patient (not to mention the eye patch).

Somehow this post went from Christmas nails to Christmas sweaters to kittens to zombies.  I don't know how that happened.  So.  I'm out.  

10 comments:

  1. I really like this color combination, I didn't really notice the brown. Okay...I just wanted to comment because the mid-season finale of Walking Dead blew my mind haha! I was disappointed with this season, besides two episodes ago with the governor backstory but the finale makes me excited to watch the second half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Lil Asskicker wasn't much of an asskicker after all.

      Delete
  2. Fun! I can't wait to try something simular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLLLLLLLLLL to kittens to zombies. Remy is so cute and getting so big! I still just can't really get on board with these textures. The feel of them weirds me out too much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I would hate them too, but I really ended up completely loving them. But I did put topcoat on this manicure after a couple days to cut down on the grit ;)

      Delete
  4. I started to post on the other thread with the color discussion about my wedding (which was various colors of pink) and then I started thinking about how that was just so ridiculously girly and maybe corny and never did post it. So it's funny that you decided to go exactly the same direction. (It actually wasn't corny at all, but sometimes I think it sounds that way when I describe it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know! I've been telling people "well, it's going to be a lot of pink..." and I feel like a weirdo. But I think it's going to be beautiful.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!