Friday, December 13, 2013

Shopping My Stash: China Glaze Mistletoe Kisses

Guys, this is our last Shopping My Stash post for 2013.  I can't believe it.  That time, it sure does fly.  I've had China Glaze Mistletoe Kisses since 2010 and, this is a little bit of a cheat, I actually used it EXACTLY a year ago to do some holiday polka dots (see?).  In that post from December 13, 2012 a bunch of people commented and told me to give Mistletoe Kisses a chance for a full manicure.  I promised I would, and dammit, here we are.  Finally.








Here's Remy-cat looking as majestic as ever after his Christmas neuter.  He came home and proceeded to not rest at all, as the vet told me he should want to, but to tear the living room apart and climb and jump off of every high surface in our apartment.  He also ripped every bow off of every present that I had just wrapped (it was cute).  I'm hoping I don't have to confine him to a small room to chill out while he heals.  I guess we'll have to see.

wearing Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum and my new sparkly sweater (thrifted!)

This is a wonderful polish, just as I knew it would be.  It's sort of an icy, minty...wintergreen-y?...jelly base filled with either silver or green glitter.  I'm not sure which.  I have its pinkish-red mate, Mrs. Claus (featured most recently for Valetine's Day 2012 here), and I definitely love that one too.  Since it has a jelly-esque formula, this polish required three coats to be opaque.  But it dried quickly and applied well, if a little thickly, so I'm very happy with it.  Plus the best part is the name.  Mistletoe Kisses.  You've got to be happy knowing you're wearing a polish with such an adorable name.  

And I regret waiting literally three years to use this one as a Christmastime manicure, yes.  Lesson learned.

We gave Remy his Christmas present early!  It's a little stainless steel water fountain.

Dont worry, we wrapped the cord up a little and removed the [very enticingly edible for a baby cat] bow after I took the picture

He always likes to drink out of the faucets when we brush our teeth or wash our hands, so we thought he might like this.  He sort of played in it instead of drinking from it the first time, but I think he's getting the hang of it.  We're definitely in the Christmas spirit over here.  First gift given, many more to come.

Okay, that's all for me.  Make sure you head on over to stuff i (s)watched to see what Rach has for you today, and I'll talk to you all next week!

6 comments:

  1. Your posts are always so cute, S. I just took this one and moved it out of my purge pile yesterday. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, this one is amazingly pretty.

      Delete
  2. It is insane how much this nail polish brings out your eyes in that one picture. Unintended happy coincidence? :) Super cute polish and kitty, loving the Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, definitely an unintended coincidence. My eyes are weird because they're gray...until they're near something either blue or green. Then they look like they match. It's bizarre.

      Delete
  3. Green is not one of my favorite colors, but I have this polish & I really like it. it looks so pretty on you. Remy's water fountain is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He still constantly drinks out of the faucet.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!