Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Silver and Gold Decorations on Every Christmas Tree

For the longest time I had resisted the siren song of the Wet n Wild Fergie collab polishes.  They're old enough now that they're no longer in their own special display at my Walgreens, but have been relegated to play with all the other Wet n Wild products on the regular display along the wall.  One day I was taking a peek at some eyeshadow trios when I noticed a silver with gold glitter, Going Platinum.  I swear, all by itself it jumped into my basket (CREEPY, right?).  I had already planned on the gold not being prominent enough on the nail to get the look I wanted, so I had my trusty bottle of OPI Dazzled By Gold handy for one thin layer.  Et voila!  Silver and gold.

sorry about my finger boo-boo :(





I'd say that if you like silvers, Going Platinum would be a good one to pick up.  It's unique (to my collection) because of the specks of gold in it (although it bears some similarity to OPI Designer, de Better!, which is actually one of my favorite polishes; I wore it for like a week and a half straight back in August).  I like gold enough that I felt it needed a little more, but if you're into silver then I say bring it home.  Its formula was fine, and it only needed two coats.  

This past Saturday I decided to do a baking experiment and see if I could bake an Oreo into a cupcake. All I did was drop a whole cookie into the cupcake paper before I poured the batter, and BAM, cookiecake.  Observe:

looks like a normal cupcake

!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :)

I described the color of this frosting as "terrifyingly blue."

I made these for my friend's 30th birthday and they were a hit.  As soon as people found out there was an Oreo hidden at the bottom of the cupcake they were basically gone.  I've been interested in baking lately, so these were a fun experiment.

Today Remy is having his man-bits lopped off.  Merry Christmas, little guy.  Hopefully everything goes well.  I do worry about him (when I made the appointment I was like, "BUT IS THAT VET THE *BEST* VET YOU HAVE?" [the answer was yes, she owns the clinic]), and I hate doing this to him.  But it's necessary.  He's almost six months old, so it's almost time for him to start spraying to mark his territory.  No thanks, buddy.  No thanks.  

That's all for today.  I'll see you all on Friday with an update about the newly "altered" Remy and a Shopping My Stash post!

20 comments:

  1. LOVE the silver/gold nails! Thanks for the inspiration - will have to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I LOVE THIS. But you know I have a metallics problem ...

    IIRC, this WnW Fergie polish is a dupe for ChG Gossip Over Gimlets. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did want Gossip Over Gimlets (I use the term "want" loosely, because that collection was snoozy), so I'm glad I know that.

      Delete
  3. Lurrrrrrrrrrrrve this with the extra gold! Poor Poor remy-cat, gettin his butter beans de-beaned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's de-beaned and not too upset about it. Success.

      Delete
  4. LMFAO at "man bits lopped off" Merry CHristmas indeed! This looks similar to the holo I am wearing right now from Liquid Sky! Surprisingly I want to go out and get this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor baby - my heart was hurting last year when Nikolai had to have the deed done (check him out on my IG @cats_n_nails, just in case you aren't following me already)
    Love the gilded gold - I missed the Fergie collection as I am in Oz and we don't get the W'n'W down here, but i love me any gilded gold (especially i like SH Complete Salon Gilded Lily)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have an instagram, but I did check out some of your pictures--very cute.

      Delete
  6. Oooh I want to try making those cupcakes! Cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I am totally making those cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you end up making them!

      Delete
  8. Remy will live a longer, happier and healthier life without his 'man bits'. Can you imagine the frustration of being driven by hormones and Ma Nature to reproduce and not being able to act on it because your pet people are responsible enough know strictly indoor cats live 'longer, happier and healthier' lives. Ever been trapped in a house with an unaltered female? O.M.G, it's hell for you AND the cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never considering letting him keep his bits, so not to worry there. I've never had a cat that hasn't been fixed. And he's totally fine today, too, so it's all good.

      Delete
  9. Pretty polish, love that you made oreo cupcakes. Another fun idea is oreo brownies. Layer half the batter, oreos, rest of the batter. It might take slightly longer to bake. People get very excited every time I bring them into work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-store. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Clotee

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!