Tuesday, December 17, 2013

With Candy Canes and Silver Lanes That Glow...

Guys, we got snow up in here.  Between Saturday and Sunday we got at least seven inches, and now as I sit here writing this more little flakes are falling.  I know it's not technically winter yet, but in Cleveland, trust me, it's winter.  This year I really didn't get many holiday-themed polishes.  Actually, I think I only got Mingle With Kringle, and that was sent to me by PR.  I guess things haven't really been speaking to me lately.  I did pick up a Sinful Colors glitter, called Glimmer (which makes me think of The Hunger Games, and which I have mistakenly been calling "glisten" for the past month) OH MY GOD IT'S CALLED GILDED.  Reader Marija just commented and told me that.  It's hilarious because I read the bottom of the bottle RIGHT BEFORE I WROTE THIS and still got the name wrong.  UGH.  I remember my friend Sam got it too, and she used it for her Thanksgiving manicure.  I was unsure about what to do with it.  Most people have been pairing it with a vampy color so, as is my nature, I went in the opposite direction.





First I did two coats of OPI Barre My Soul, then one coat of Glimmer Gilded, then one more of Barre My Soul.  Now, if it was sunny (which it may never be again, who knows) you would be able to see the lovely golden/iridescent glitter in Glimmer Gilded.  I can still see it in real life, but in photos it's harder to see.  The red glitter is really noticeable, though, and I like the effect that Barre My Soul gave it.  I don't think I have to tell you that this OPI is basically the end-all-be-all of jelly sheers.  Oh, it's just the best.  Its only issue is that it seems to flood my cuticles a little every time I use it, but I don't caaaaaaaaaare.  

Glimmer Gilded was very thick for a glitter polish.  I think it might be able to be opaque with three or four coats.  I recommend it if you're currently peeing yourself over rose gold like I am.  I mean, I changed my wedding colors to blush and coral (and gold), I'm lusting--LUSTING--over a rose gold watch and a blush coat, and I practically yelped with glee when Urban Decay released Naked3 in tones of, you guessed it, pink (you may remember waaaaay back in May when I mentioned that I've been really into pink eyeshadows--that obsession never went away).  So anyway, in the bottle at least, Glimmer Gilded looks PRETTY rose gold-y.  I think you could do a lot with this glitter, so it's worth checking out.

There is not much other news here.  Ben is on a long trip so I'm by myself.  And I'm on a strict diet so I want to kick almost everyone I come in contact with.  I am at my Scary Weight, which is the exact same weight, to the pound, that I was at last time I decided I was a fatass (at the end of last January).  Enter diet.  Right before Christmas probably wasn't the best time to decide to diet, but I'm doing it.  I will feel much better 12 pounds from now, and I will keep telling myself that every time I feel like I need to eat a cookie or have a peppermint mocha (even a skinny one, because those aren't great for you either--SADLY).  Other than that, I have been Christmas-ing.

Got a tree for my parents' house with my dad, which is our tradition.  That day it was like 20 degrees out (not too bad), but with windchill it was roughly negative A MILLION, so we picked pretty much the first tree we saw, tied it to the roof, and got the hell out of dodge.  But I made him take this picture of me first.  Those are my I-Mean-Buisness boots.

Ben and I watched Home Alone and Home Alone 2 while I tried to avoid wrapping the cat.  It's funny; during my first marathon present wrapping session Remy stayed totally away from me.  He sat in his cat tree, which you can see above my hat, and supervised me.  But then on this particular day when I brought the paper out I couldn't keep him away.  He's a little weirdo.

That's all for today.  I'll try to have another post for you later this week!  I'm still trying to decide what to do for Christmas nails, so if anyone has any suggestions, come at me.

4 comments:

  1. I snagged this at a grocery store over Thanksgiving and have yet to use it, my plan is to put it over OPI My Vampire is Buff. I actually thought of you as I was buying it, however my bottle is called Gilded!! Whoa now Sinful colors, get your name straight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god, you're totally right. It's Gilded. Now I have to edit. HAHAHA I can't remember the name of this to save my LIFE.

      Delete
  2. Maybe doing a tall hot coffee with a pump each of mocha/peppermint syrup and a little nonfat milk would work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually I just got a blonde roast with sugar free peppermint and call it a day.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!