Monday, January 13, 2014

Argyle is the Coziest Manicure

First let me say that I am absolutely terrible at freehanding nail art.  I know that if I did it more, I would get better at it.  But it is a pain in the ass, and I don't know how some of you ladies do the beautiful things that you do.  Having said that, I saw the cutest "sweater weather" nails on Elle & Ish back in November and I thought they were just delightful.  Then I saw them on Jen from From Head To Toe in a recent video, and I knew that I had to try my hand at this pattern.  It didn't go super poorly, but it didn't go super well either.  But I was pretty proud of them anyway.  The first four pictures look basically the same, and I know that, but I'm posting them anyway.  Because, like I said, I'm...pretty proud of them.











For this I used:  OPI My Vampire is Buff for the base color, RBL Dead Calm and Chinoise for the diamonds, and OPI Designer...de Better! for the little criss-crosses.  I followed the Elle & Ish tutorial as closely as possible, and this is how it turned out.  I think it looks PRETTY GOOD.  If I were to be doing this again I might choose some brighter colors for the diamonds, but when I chose these two I was thinking two things:  first, this matches an H&M sweater I have (which I subsequently couldn't find), and second, this is a great way to actually use some RBL polishes and avoid the chipping issue that I'm always having with them.  Yay!  I wore this for several days before I finally had to remove it because the base color started chipping and cracking.  Sad.  I think I might try doing this same pattern again, though.  It's adorable.

To end:


Remy looking alarmingly grown up.


Perfectly conforming to the curve of my butt.  While some may call him clingy, I simply thank him for being a good pal and keeping me warm during these long winter days.

Okay, that's all for me.  Has anyone else tried this argyle pattern?  I couldn't resist it because argyle is one of my very favorite prints!  It makes everything feel warmer and preppier somehow.  I hope you all had a good weekend, and I'll talk to you again sometime this week!

8 comments:

  1. So pretty! I wish I had the ability to do nail art...all I can seem to do without messing up is polka dots.
    Remy is such a handsome little gentleman now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This pattern is actually based on making dots and then connecting them, so you could probably do this :)

      Delete
  2. Sweet simple and totally chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My two cats sleep with me, and are always glued to me. It's the way I like it. My one cat sleeps curled around my head, half of her body ON my head purring, on my pillow all night long. I can't sleep if she's not there. I LOVE this mani! It's gorgeous.

    I'm so glad you commented on my blog. I felt so bad about upsetting you and felt it best to just leave you alone. I did try to leave a long apology back then, but it didn't post. I hope that you've forgiven me. I was not trying to hurt you in any way. I'm glad things are going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No apology necessary. We're cool.

      Cats are the very best. I love having a little pal around all the time.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!