Friday, January 24, 2014

Essie Full Steam Ahead and FF Lady Charlotte

A little while ago I stopped into a Five Below to check on the Funky Fingers situation.  I ended up taking advantage of the 3 for $5 deal, and I was really delighted by one of the glitters I got, Lady Charlotte.  I paired it with a polish from Essie's summer 2013 collection, Full Steam Ahead.  I found the whole Essie summer collection at my TJ Maxx one day, and I snagged this one for $3.99.  

This picture is the most color accurate for Full Steam Ahead.  For some reason the rest came out just a touch darker.









I'm pretty in love with how these two look together.  Full Steam Ahead is a very light, slightly sheer lilac with almost imperceptible shimmer.  I can see it in the bottle, but not so much on the nail.  Here I did two coats; if I was going to wear this on its own without glitter, I would have done at least three coats...but because I was topping it with something I just left it alone at two.  Lady Charlotte is a glitter topper in a clear base with small gold, and then larger lavender and pinkish-mauve glitter.  I used one coat here.  I really like how these two look together.  It looks springy and happy, like a little garden party.  Remy, on the other hand, was less impressed.


Not a fan of purple, I guess.  Haha, what a weirdo.  Look at his tongue.

Aside from my silly cat and glitter nail polish, I've been doing wedding stuff like crazy.  I have three meetings this weekend and one at the beginning of next week, trying to nail down invitations, a photographer, and an officiant.  I have a good lead on an officiant, which right now is actually what I'm most worried about getting sorted out.  Ben and I want to have a completely secular ceremony, and finding someone who's willing (and eager) to do that and who is available on our date has been a struggle.  I've also been looking for decor/centerpiece/table number ideas that utilize teacups and pots.  My aunt found the cutest teacup cake-topper idea, so I'm excited about that little detail.  I also chose bridesmaids dresses the other day from David's Bridal (because it's everywhere and so are my bridesmaids), so my next challenge is to get two girls to choose one dress and three to choose the other. I'm sure it'll work out, and I'm a little excited about the dresses (black with "petal" pink sashes), because I've been putting off choosing them for a while.  Why, I don't know.  I've been putting off thinking about a lot of wedding stuff because it all seems super overwhelming.  But I guess with the new year came a new desire to tackle all of it and organize everything.  So that's what I've been up to.  

Other than that, I'm dying to go to Anthropologie and spend the gift card my mom gave me for Christmas.  Every time I decide I'm going to go, I swear, it starts snowing.  It's not too far away, but it does require some highway driving; people are just morons in the snow on the highway, so I try to avoid that as much as possible.  Yesterday I was all set to hop in my car and go, and then I opened up the curtains and it was just fluffing snow like crazy (you can't say "pouring" snow, so fluffing sounds right...right?).  Maybe this weekend I'll finally get out there.

K, that's all.  If anyone has any grand wedding ideas, come at me.  Now is the time that I'm ready to take advice and absorb suggestions.  Talk to you all next week!

17 comments:

  1. This color combo is gorgeous! I think I need to do something like this for my nails this weekend! (:
    Also, Remy is precious!
    xxx

    www.glamorousgirl2014.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love light purples in the springtime. So right now I'm just pretending it's springtime...?

      :)

      Delete
  2. OMG, that last picture of Remy.

    And this combo is gorgeous. I picked up 3 from this Essie collection at Marshalls back in Nov.? Dec.?, but I didn't get this one because it's the kind of purple that makes me look dead. It looks great with Lady Charlotte! (... another FF I think I need to pick up next time)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I kind of want to go back and see if they still have these. I remember we were in a hurry to get out of there and get home because of the polar vortex so I just grabbed the first one that appealed to me.

      Delete
  3. Ugh seriously about the snow though!! I don't mind driving in it but it's the other people driving that make me so nervous because they act like they've never seen any form of precipitation before and act accordingly: moronically. Anyways, I died over that last picture of Remy with his tongue out hahaha and I love the look of this manicure!! Reminds me I need to paint my naked nails… NOW.

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassie! Yeah, I live in a place with lake effect snow, which basically just means we get a ton of snow, all the time, from October-April. But for some reason people still can't drive in it. I'm sure you understand, being from MN.

      Delete
  4. My best friend got me Lady Charlotte a long with two other Funky Fingers, I'm pretty sure he did the 3 for 5 at Five Below Also. But his reasoning behind his pics, were that my nails never look "Drag" enough! I wore Lady Charlotte over black for New Years and it was pretty great.

    P.S. I still have your teacups to send, the polar vortex that has taken over PA has just about zapped my brain though. SOON they will be on their way to you in OH. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I love that! Drag nails. Nice.

      Oh, take your time. There's no rush at all. I just appreciate the thought.

      Delete
  5. Both my marriages were done with a justice of the peace-is that an option? That's as secular as you can get! Remy is gorgeous! I'm so lemming your cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely an option, and if the officiants we have lined up to meet with don't work out, then that's probably the route we'll take.

      Haha, I love that you're lemming Remy. What a great band name...Lemming Remy.

      Delete
  6. Ooh! That's a very pretty combo but what lippie is that you're wearing? It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's the purple Revlon matte balm, Shameless. It's not entirely color accurate in that photo; it's pulling more red there when it's actually more blue-toned.

      Delete
  7. This is such a pretty combination! Lady Charlotte is a lovely glitter. I think the only place I've ever come across Funky Finger polishes was at my local Ross a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I've only ever seen them at Five Below, but we don't have Ross in my area. They're the same as Color Club, though. Or at least they're made by the same company and there are a lot of identical polishes between the two.

      Delete
  8. these two go really well together i <3 it

    ReplyDelete
  9. That picture of Remy with the Funky Fingers glitter is a piece of art! I love the way the bottle is in focus and Remy is slightly blurred. Also the contrast of the colorful polish with Remy's neutral fur is striking. (BTW, I know nothing about art, unlike you!).

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!