Monday, January 27, 2014

Funky Fingers The Wizard

Apparently last year when Oz the Great and Powerful was released Funky Fingers followed suit with Urban Decay and OPI and put out an Oz themed collection.  I was unaware of this until I did some googling, and I think the only polish left from this collection at Five Below was The Wizard.  Which is fine, because it's awesome.







SPARKLE SCARF, Y'ALL

First I did one coat of OPI Designer...De Better! just to lay down a silver base.  Then I did two coats of The Wizard, which is small silver glitter with many different colors of larger round glitter mixed in.   I see...silver, yellow, magenta, green, blue, and orange.  I don't know if this is unique, but I had never seen anything quite like it before (then again I'm not exactly up on my nail news).  I think that with three, maybe four coats, The Wizard could be opaque on its own, but I was honestly too lazy to find out.  I had a little bit of trouble with application because the round glitter didn't really want to stick to the brush.  I ended up holding the bottle upside-down every time I dipped the brush in to let gravity help.  It worked out pretty well, but was kind of a pain.  Other than that, I definitely recommend this if you can find it.

Not much else to report.  It snowed here all weekend, so that was depressing.  I met with a couple photographers and chose one for the wedding.  So, that's done.  Well, I guess it's not done until I sign a contract, but I feel like the time is nigh.  Other than that, it was a pretty sleepy weekend.  Ben finally has a couple days off work (he hasn't had proper time off since literally before Christmas), so that'll be good.  We can spend a little time together before he's leaving on a trip again.  Sad, sad panda.

To end, here's Remy playing with this treat egg thing that his Auntie Jenna and Uncle Dave got him for Christmas.  This is when he first realized that if he knocked it around food would fall out, and he's just like, "MOTHER OF GOD."  I actually had to put his regular food in it because he was getting too smart about knocking out all the treats.  But he was just as excited about his kibble as he was about treats.  Simple pleasures.


Make sure you pull a Remy and enjoy a simple pleasure today.  You deserve it on a Monday.

14 comments:

  1. Funny story, I have been eyeing this polish for months and never picked it up. This post has me thinking about my life, my choices.

    I just found out B shows pictures of Remy to his mom. She thinks he's cute, which ... DUH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! I'm so glad that Remy has such celebrity status.

      Delete
  2. Love the polish, but even more, I LOVE your sparkle scarf! Who, what, when, where, because I need that in my life immediately!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got that scarf at Target in...maybe early November. I really like infinity scarves, and the one that I had had from H&M was literally unraveling. I'm glad I got the sparkly Target one, though. It goes with anything and it's super warm.

      Delete
  3. This does seem like a unique polish! I really like it. It's fun and pretty at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't think of anything else like it! At least not in my monster of a stash.

      Delete
  4. I am looking at just about the most unattractive Monday since college, so thank you for reminding me to indulge in a simple pleasure.
    Pretty polish as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hope that you ended up having a better day and that you did something for yourself.

      Delete
  5. Awww...this mani is so pretty. I love the background color and the glitters on it. I find it classy and perfect for any season. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It reminds me of a magnified Kleancolor Winter Wonderland: love it! I guess that is very appropriate with all the wonderful snow you are having over there! I'm a bit jealous >sigh<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I think you're right! The colored glitter is just a little bit bigger.

      Snow is fun until January hits. Then I'm over it!

      Delete
  7. Coloured/glitter overcoat are sooo gorgeous but are such a pain to take off! :P You did a beautiful combo though :)

    x
    Phoebe
    Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a pain, but I used the foil method. Not sure if you're familiar, but it's basically just strapping a cotton ball soaked in acetone to your nail using tin foil and letting it sit. Once it's been on there for five minutes or so you just wiggle it around and it takes all the glitter right off!

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!