Monday, January 06, 2014

Oh, Honey

First post of 2014!  I can't believe it.  But, here we are.  Anyway, the other day I was at Ulta armed with a gift card from one of my aunties.  I had every intention of picking up the Stila In the Know palette (which I still want and would be my first all matte palette) when I started sniffing at the perfumes.  Now, Marc Jacobs scents are hit and miss with me.  I did buy Daisy many moons ago, but I had a friend who wore it almost every day in college and it ended up reminding me way too much of her for me to make it my own, so I gave it away.  I didn't like Lola and Dot was a little too young for me.  But damn if I don't love those vinyl-encrusted bottles.  Anyway, when I saw Honey I hesitantly gave it a sniff.  Aaaaand I loved it.  I loved it so much that I abandoned any idea of eyeshadow (WEIRD) and instead purchased an expensive 1 ounce bottle of Honey for myself.  And then the little bottle cap ended up speaking to me so much that I did this.





You can't deny that this is just adorable.  I used Revlon Electric (last seen here) dotted with Wet n Wild French White Creme.   I just loved the bottle so much that I felt the need to paint my nails yellow, which, let me tell you, is rare.  Because yellows are notoriously difficult to work with.  In my first post about Revlon Electric I said it wasn't that bad.  But I take that back.  It was still streaky and extremely difficult to get even, even after three coats.  Topcoat helped, but it was frustrating while I was painting because I just wanted it to look good.  It turned out nicely, and I wore this for several days before finally having to remove it because of chips.  It's a very happy manicure for what will hopefully be a very happy new year.

As for Honey, I suggest that if you like warm florals you take a sniff of it next time you're able.  One of my favorite pastimes is actually reading perfume reviews.  Which is crazy, because perfume is a very personal thing, smells different on everyone, and it's impossible to read about a perfume and really get an accurate idea of what it will smell like to you or on you.  But still, I love perfume reviews.  When I read about Honey before I had smelled it and I saw that orange blossom was at its heart and "smooth woods" was at its base, I had really high hopes that it would work on me.  I have an orange blossom perfume that I got from Fragonard in Paris way back in 2008 that is probably my very favorite fragrance ever, but it's been almost gone for quite a while.  I've been trying not to use it.  Now I have a semi-replacement that spawned some cute nails.

Speaking of cute:


Check out this Boston Terrier sweater that I found at Forever21 last week.  I'm not a dog person, really, but I couldn't resist this one.  If you are a dog person, or you, like me, go crazy over a good animal sweater, here's the link for the sweater online.  You're welcome.

Okay, that's all.  This post included polka dots and puppies, so I'm confident that that's a good way to start off 2014.  Anyone else into Marc Jacobs Honey?  The Marc Jacobs perfumes in general?  I know they're popular.  K, I'll talk to you all soon.  I hope everyone had a good New Year's Eve and a lazy New Year's Day!  I know I did.

14 comments:

  1. I will definitely be checking out that perfume AND buying that sweatshirt immediately (I have two Bostons). Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I saw that sweater and was like, this is happening on my body no matter what. I even had to use one of those hook things because it was too high up to reach.

      Delete
  2. Those nails are so cute! I also rarely wear yellow despite loving the color because they're so hard to apply :(

    P.S. What eyeliner are you wearing in the fourth photo down? It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eyeliner is actually one of the 99 cent Wet n Wild ColorIcon liners called, believe it or not, purple. I don't find that they're super easy to work with, so it took a while for me to get a solid and semi-even line, but the color is definitely nice.

      Delete
  3. Awww...this mani is so cute! Love the color and design. Its classy, unique and adorable. Love it! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your nails! I am a fan of the original Marc Jacobs scent myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I've never sniffed that one! I see that its notes include a healthy dose of gardenia, just like Daisy. I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Very cool sweater! And I am loving the yellow dot nails! My bedroom is that yellow on the walls. Makes me happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bedroom was that color (maybe a little lighter) when I was a little girl. I liked it.

      Delete
  6. Very creative and cute looking nails!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!