Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Essie Resort 2014 Skittles: BECAUSE I CAN

At first when I ran across the Essie resort collection I only bought one.  But then it looked so lonely that I went back and got it a friend.  Okay, two friends.  In fact, the only polish from this collection that I didn't get is the vampy purple because I kind of a.) thought I probably have a million that look just like it and b.) didn't really understand how it contributed to the color story, which seemed sort of like, washed out/weathered/beachy to me.  But in the best way possible.










I decided to wear all three polishes at the same time because WHY NOT.  So first, on my pointer and pinky nails is Find Me An Oasis, which is a pale blue creme.  The formula on this one was tricky.  You can get away with two coats, but basically you have to really make sure to load your brush with polish to avoid any streaks (I used three coats here).  But not too much polish or else it'll look weird and goopy.  I think this color is beautiful, and I put it on my toes, too.  I like the idea of wearing this as [part of] my something blue on THE BIG DAY.  Next, on my middle nail is Cocktails & Coconuts.  It's a beige with really subtle shimmer, which you can see in the bottle shot above, but it's also very warm, with a lot of yellow in it.  I like it, especially because of the shimmer.  The formula on this one was good, and it didn't have the streaking problems that Find Me An Oasis has; I used two coats.  Lastly, on my ring finger, is Resort Fling.  Which is BY FAR my favorite of the three of these because JELLY.  CORAL.  Oh my god, you guys.  This one is good.  Like Cocktails & Coconuts, Resort Fling also leans to the warm side, with much more orange to it than pink.  Which is fine with me.  The formula is absolutely flawless on this one.  You can wear it with two coats for a more sheer look, but at three it's pretty much opaque.  If you, like me, crush on basically every coral you come in contact with, then you need this.  Actually, you need this anyway.  I don't buy backup bottles of polish, like, ever...but I want a backup of Resort Fling.  It's that good.

I just can't get over how beautiful these three look together.  The bottles just look so perfect nestled against each other.  Like I said, these for sure remind me of the beach, so these colors seem so apt for a resort collection.  I like all three of these polishes for different reasons, but DAT CORAL.  Swoon.  

Anyway, anyone get these polishes?  What about the dark purple one, Under the Twilight?  Do you think it's worth picking up?  

10 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing these in the Essie display at work, but I didn't want any of them until I saw this post. They all look gorgeous together on the nail! I might have to treat myself this next paycheck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I only picked up Find Me an Oasis to use as a base under a Hare Polish I have, but now that I see it with the coral and beige, I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't go back and get them too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Find Me an Oasis is so beautiful. A little tricky, formula-wise, but other than that it's a total winner.

      Delete
  3. I ordered this whole collection online, and then when it arrived I was surprised at myself for buying the purple. I have no idea why I felt it was necessary. It's a lovely color, but it can't possibly be unique to my stash. My purple/vampy helmer drawer is by far the most crowded. The blue reminds me of Chanel Riva, which I have always regretted not purchasing when I had the chance (and is now going for over $100 a bottle on ebay). They are all sitting in my untried pile waiting for me to take off my obligatory cheesy valentines day manicure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie! Yeah, that's why I didn't buy the purple. No matter how pretty a vampy creme/jelly is, I probably have a near-dupe for it somewhere in one of my Helmers.

      Delete
  4. Wow, so pretty! Such soothing colors - they look great on you. Between your swatches and the huge mounds of snow outside my window (I'm in NJ and this winter has been the pits!), I am really wishing for a vacation on a beach somewhere. Love that you wore them together. I'll be picking them up when I see them. Will have to figure out a mani using Find Me An Oasis and Resort Fling. Yummy colors!

    ~Karli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are totally soothing! That's a good word to use to describe them. These definitely made me long for the beach.

      Delete
  5. DANG IT stef i had myself talked into not needing these. I walked away from them not 2 hours ago because "i don't need them". But I do. I so do need them. This skittle mani is basically summer and I NEED it. ugh. *sigh* *heads to store*

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!