Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Essie Truth or Flare

I took a little trip this weekend to Columbus to see my parents, Ben at work, and a couple museums.  Sadly the one museum I really wanted to go to was closed for an installation, but I'm still glad that I went. While I was there I popped into a Target to buy a contact case and solution (forgot 'em), and I ran across the Essie spring collection again.  So I got another one.  Sadly, though, the nail on my middle finger broke.  I mean, it really broke.  I filed it down and filed the other nails down a little, but.  It is what it is.  Also my cuticles were dry and I had no lotion, and I didn't have any acetone for any sort of cleanup.  So what I'm saying is, THIS IS REAL LIFE, PEOPLE.  But at least you can see what the color looks like...?







Looks great with this sailboat sweater!

Dusty blues like Truth or Flare epitomize the feeling of spring for me.  Here in Ohio we tend to get a lot of rain in the springtime, and this color reminds me of a sky that's either threatening rain or that has just cleared up.  It is truly beautiful, and I love the color.  I didn't really love the formula, though.  I bought this one thinking it would be a creme, but it's not.  It's sort of that creme-jelly hybrid that Essie does, but like...pretty heavy on the jelly.  If I had known that maybe I would have been less surprised, but when I started to use it I was all, what even is this.  Taking into account that it's a jelly, though, the formula was okay.  My advice is to really load the brush with polish and make sure you have enough on there, and then do thin coats.  But also wait between coats.  Okay, so it's kind of a pain in the ass.  But like I said, the color is divine so it's not that bad.  I used three coats here.  

Sadly, I think I returned from my trip with a cold (maybe).  Yesterday I started to feel crappy once I got home, so I'll have to see how I'm feeling today.  If I am sick, this will be the first time this winter.  I almost made it.  So close, guys.  So close.  If I am not sick, then I really need to come up with something fun to do this week, because Ben is taking a trip with a friend to Vegas, about which I am very jealous.  Because more arctic air is blowing through here in the next couple days, and it's going to be incredibly cold AGAIN.  I don't begrudge him a trip with a pal because he works really hard and deserves a break, but I'm totally aching for warm weather and I kind of wish that I could go too.  Alas, Remy and I will be here snuggled up together hoping it doesn't snow too much.  Speaking of the little fluffernutter, he was on his own for a few days while I was gone (my friend Jenna came over to feed him and visit with him; thanks Jenna!) and when I got home he was glued to me.  It was too funny.  If I sat down he was on my lap, and if I stood up he was trying to climb my pants to get to me.  And he had a lot to say about his time alone.  I'm pretty sure most of it was just, WHERE WERE YOU, WOMAN?  He's such a good little pal.  

Okay, that's all for today.  I hope everyone had good weekends, and I'll talk to you later in the week.

12 comments:

  1. That color is gorgeous!! And I think you know what I'm going to say next but I totally have that sweater too =)

    Aww, I hope you feel better. B's just getting over a cold here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nautical is the one trend I can't resist. Ever.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, the power of a jelly! I did use some GCS on top, though.

      Delete
  3. This color is beyond gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this color! I can't seem to find this collection anywhere though. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stake out your local Target! I also saw a small capsule collection of four of the six shades at Rite-Aid.

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love this color of blue. This type, cornflower, and cobalt are the *only* blues I ever find myself happy with. *sigh* Time to buy more Essies. enabler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I definitely recommend this color. I think some people were pissed off about the jelly formula but dude. That just makes it better.

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!