Friday, February 28, 2014

Lippmann Lara's Theme

I cannot afford Lippmann polishes.  Period.  But happily for me, my friend Michelle had an extra mini bottle of Lara's Theme that she didn't want, so it came to live with me.  And I am very happy that it did.






I will say that this polish definitely photographs darker than it appears in real life.  IRL it's the color of the outside of an orange.  You know, like the fruit.  In most of the swatches I've seen, and in my own photos, it looks a couple shades darker than that.  But other than that, this color doesn't need much description.  It's orange and it's a creme.  It's bright and juicy, and pretty perfect for livening up your day.  The formula was good, but a little thick.  The brush on the mini bottle was really small, so that might have affected things.  I needed two coats, and I was almost afraid it wouldn't self-level, but with topcoat it turned out to be fine.

This polish is a few years old by now, but I know that it was created with model Lara Stone, who is Dutch.  You know what Dutch people love?  Orange.  I read this little blurb about why here, but I can't really claim that that's a reliable resource.  So here's another one.  I do love it when nail polish is educational, don't you? 

Orange was a nice pick-me-up for me because the weather has been like this:


I took this yesterday, on the day that Ben flew off to Vegas, where I assume it is sunny and at least mostly warm.  And here it was -6 with windchill.  I'm looking forward to Saturday when it'll be almost 40, yay!!  Winter really needs to just stop.  Normally I actually enjoy winter, but this one has almost been enough to convince me to move south.  Walking from my door to my car yesterday morning in my workout capris (it was sunny out, so I didn't realize it was THIS COLD) was torturous, and that's only a distance of like fifty feet.  Once the wind hit my bare calves I was like, NO PLEASE NO ANYTHING BUT THIS.  Won't make that mistake again.  Spring cannot come soon enough.

Okay, that's all for me today.  Sorry it was a quiet week.  I wanted to see how long Essie Truth or Flare would wear without chipping; turns out it was a solid four days!  But that left me wearing the same polish for most of the week.  But anyway, since I was basically an orange virgin before this (true orange, anyway), what's your favorite orange polish?

10 comments:

  1. I love Nars Madness and Orly Melt Your Popsicle. I just love oranges, and I am so tempted to purchase Lara's Theme now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you've done it! I've had Lara's Theme on my wish list for awhile but now it's moved to my need list. Such a sunny color - it looks so happy on your nails. I'm with you on this winter. Enough already! What did we do to piss off Mother Nature so badly??? I want sunshine & daffodils & blue skies & warmth!

    ~Karli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, daffodils! I always forget how much I love those.

      Delete
  3. Free Deborah Lippmann? You clearly have some great friends :) From the picture this reminds me of OPI's Cajun Shrimp... yay or nay?
    -Gillian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is a great friend.

      I actually don't have Cajun Shrimp, but I think that's a good deal more red than Lara's Theme, which is a true orange.

      Delete
  4. There is a major clearance of DLs on beauty brands but selection is slim. I'm talking like 4 bucks for a lippman! I'm trying to resist the temptation be I don't NEED any, but we know how that usually ends ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, awesome! I hope you scored some.

      Delete
  5. Hrrrrrrrrng the feeeeeeeeelz!!!!! This looks and sounds like such a delightful little polish. I've only ever tried deborah lippmann glitter polishes before but hear the cremes are just as phenomenal… if only I had that kind of money! And I'm absolutely with you on needing winter to end. Mother nature needs to make up her mind already; 45 degrees one day, 10 degrees the very next… I CAN'T DEAL. Neither can Galileo. We're both very confused. Oh and my favorite orange polish is by far Revlon's "Marmalade" :)

    ♥Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to try some of those Revlon polishes, like I mentioned to you last week. I guess it's about time that I do :)

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!